Guruji and Me

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Tamildownunder, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear TDU,

Thanks...

I have been to Thiruvannamalai quite a lot and have been to thapovanam also. But now it is more than 10+ years. Got caught in this materialistic world and running around.

My Guru was an ardent follower of Seshadri Swamigal. We had a group of people who formed a satsang and used to go to various temples once a year and do the abhishek in Swamimalai temple. All these people are way ahead in spirituality. Now nobody is there. It has left a big Vacccum.

By chance I went through this thread... Also I am new to this forum..... After seeing this I became too emotional & senti....

I always believe that, you dont go to temples/shrines or meet gurus.... You are being called.... Only then you will be in a position to GO". This has happened in my real life. During my school/college day I was very active with Sai Samithy and every week attend Bhajans etc for 7 active years. But I was never given an opportunity to visit either puttabarthy or shirdy even till date..... I had Dharshan of Baba only when he comes to Chennai..... On the contrary my father/sister who does not have much of belief in these things have visited both the places........:2thumbsup:

Sometimes I do feel..... Forget everything and go backto thiruvannamalai and......... But family...... ties........ commitments........

I really miss those golden period and the great people.....and waiting for my call........

Thanks

Veda

2. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Veda,

I am quite touched by your words "I always believe that, you dont go to temples/shrines or meet gurus.... You are being called.... Only then you will be in a position to GO". How true it is!. Of all the places to stay for me in London, I chose a place called Ashram run by a Sri lankan lady who is a big devotee of both Gyananda Swamikal and Haridos Giri Swamikal. While in Ashram (it was actually a house with all modern facilities like wall to wall carpets, power shower , TV in every room and central gas heating etc.) I went through the biography of Swami Gyananda in which my father's cousin who was the retired chief justice of Madras high court M. Ananathanarayanan, had contributed articles. Then I realised how I landed in that place. I realised that as you say the Guru has called me. I could compose songs in his praise in a jiffy. In fact, the present guru of the Gyananda peedam, Namaji when he visited the ashram I recited my song and the people from Chennai who had accompanied Namaji told me that they are with Swamikal for several decades, but yet they have not composed any song. I told them that it is not me who has composed, but Swamikal have come through me and gave the song. There is a saying that 'Guruvarul inri thiruvarul illai'. I beleive in that.

Regards,

TDU

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear TDU

I would say, You are a blessed person or what you call it as the Chosen One by Guruji.

Share the blessings and spread the love to all those who are not so.....

Love

Veda

4. RanjaniVas

RanjaniVas New IL'ite

Radhe Krishna

The visit from Guruji to Singapore in 1979, was begining of the most life changing year for me and my family. I was a teenager then. Its not just the bhajans and discourses. Its something words can't describe. Its the experience, the feeling. Its like our long lost soul found our saviour at last. Til today our swami never let us down. Everyone that I know and love has changed or moved on. But not swami. Swami Gnanananda is Guruji and Guruji is in Namaji and Namaji is as powerful as well. We are so lucky we got our swami to love and protect us. May we not for 1 second forget that. Aarcharya thevo bava! Aarcharyanuku anantha kodi namaskaram.........

PS: I moved to melbourne more than a year ago. I was wondering if there is any devotees here where we can relate to. I am happy to support and join in the bhajans or mandali if you start one.

Radhe krishna

5. Tamildownunder

Radhe Krishna

It is nice to know an ardent devotee of Guruji. I was in Melbourne till the end of April this year before moving to Washington. When I moved into Melbourne, I was also looking for devotees of Gyananda Swamikal and Haridos Giri Swamikal. I was told that most of them are in Perth and Namaji has even visited Perth once. In Melbourne Shiva-Vishnu temple at Carroms Down one Mr. Shiva is there who is a devotee of Gyananda Swamikal. Also, I came across an young prohith from Tamil nadu who wanted to start the bhajans. If you visit Shirdi Sai baba mandir at Camberwell, he comes there for doing pooja.

Regards,

TDU

6. rajisri1

rajisri1 New IL'ite

Hi all,

Glad to see some new faces in this forum. I am sorry that I had completely forgot about the Lalitha Navarathina malai as I had mentioned in this thread earlier. I have to say only Swamigal reminded me of it through a devotee. I am giving the same here now.

Swamigal's words are that this sloga has to be chanted everyday in our house. When one lights a pancha muga vilakku and chants this sloga 3 times, they have their prayers fulfilled and this was asked to be taken as Swamigal's upadesham for all. This is equivalent to the sloga "Lalitha Sahasranamam" and those who find it difficult to read the sahasranamam, can read this and get equal benefits.

Sri Lalitha Navaratnamalai

Gnana Ganesha Charanam charanam
    Gnana skanda charanam charanam
    Gnana sathguro charanam charanam
    Gnanananda charanam charanam

Aakkum thozhil aindharanaatra nalam
    pookum nagaiyal buvaneswaripaal
    serkum navarathina maalaiyinai
    kaakum gana naayaga vaaraname

maatha jaya om lalithaambigaiye

VAIRAM
    -----------
    Katrum theliyaar kaade gadhiyai
    kanmoodi nedungana vaana thavam
    petrum theriyar nilai ennil avam
    perugum pizhaiyen pesa thagumo
    patrum vayira padaivall vayira
    pagaivark emanaaga eduthavale
    vatraadha arut chunaiye varuvai
    maatha jaya om lalithaambigaiye (matha...)

NEELAM
    -----------
    moolakkanale charanam charanam
    mudiya mudhale charanam charanam
    kola kiliye charanam charanam
    kundraadha olikuvaiye charanam
    neela thirumeniyile ninaivai
    ninaivatreliyen nindren varuvai
    valaikumari varuvai varuvai
    maatha jaya om lalithambigaiye (maatha...)

MUTHU
    ----------
    muthaevarum muthozhilatridave
    munnindrarulum mudhalvi charanam
    vithe vilaive charanam charanam
    vedanta niviasiniye charanam
    thatheriya naan thanaaiyan thaai nee
    saagadha varam tharave varuvai
    matherudhadhith kinai vazhvadaiyen
    maatha jaya om lalithaambiigaiye (maatha...)

PAVAZHAM
    ---------------

andhi mayangiya vaanavidhanam
    annai nadam seyyum aanandha medai
    sindhai niram pavalam pozhivaro
    thembozhilaam ithai seithavalaaro
    enthayidathum manathum iruppal
    ennubavarkarul ennamiguthal
    mandhira vedha mayapporulaanaal
    matha jaya om lalithambigaiye (maatha...)

MANIKKAM
    ---------------

kaanak kidaiyaa gadhiyanavale
    karudhakidaiyaa kalaiyanavale
    poonak kidaiyaa polivaanavale
    punaiya kidaiyaa pudhumaithavale
    naani thiru naamamum nin thuthiyum
    navilaathavarai naadaadhavale
    maanikka oli kadhire varuvai
    matha jaya om lalithaambigaiye (matha...)

MARAGADHAM
    --------------------

maragadha vadive charanam charanam
    madhuritha padhame charanam charanam
    surapadhi paniyath thigazhvaai charanam
    sruthi jathi layame isaiye charanam
    ara hara sivanendru adiyavar kuzhuma
    avararul pera arulamudhe charanam
    varanava nidhiye charanam charanam
    maatha jeya om lalithaambigaiye (maatha...)

KOMEDHAGAM
    --------------------

poomeviya naan puriyum seyalgal
    pondraadhu payankundraa varamum
    theemelidinum jeya shakthiyena
    thidamai adiyen mozhiyum thiramum
    komadhagame kulir vaan nilave
    kuzhalvai mozhiye tharuvai tharuvai
    maameruvile valar kokilame
    maatha jeya om lalithaambigaiye (maatha...)

PADHUMARAAGAM
    -------------------------

ranjani nandhini angani padhuma
    raaga vilaasa vyaapini ambaa
    sanchala roga nivarani vaani
    saambavi chandhra kala dhari raani
    anjana meni alankrutha poorani
    amrutha svaroopini nithya kalyani
    manjula meru srunga nivasini
    maatha jaya om lalithaambigai (maatha...)

VAIDOORIYAM
    --------------------

Valaiyotha vinai kalaiyotha manam
    marulap paraiyaroliyotha vidhal
    nilaiyetreliyen mudiyathagumo
    nigalam thugalaaga varam tharuvai
    alaivatrasaivat ranuboothi perum
    adiyar mudivaazh vaidooriyame
    malaiyathuvasan magale varuvai
    maatha jaya om lalithaambigaiye (maatha...)

PAYAN
    ----------

evar ethinamum isaivai lalithaa
    navarathina maalai navindriduvaar
    avar arpudha shakthiyellam adaivaar
    sivarathinamai thigazhvar avare... (maatha...)

jeya shiva ramanee guru guha jananee - jeya mana vanaharinee
    jeya om sri maatha - maatha - jeya jeya jegan maatha
    maatha jeya om sri maatha - maatha - jeya jeya jegan maatha

My namaskarams to Sadguru's lotus feet

Regards
    raji

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  7. Tamildownunder

Dear rajisri1,

You have done a great service by posting Lalitha Navarathna Maalai. I remember when Namaji visited London, many devotees of Swamikal prayed to namaji telling their problems. Namaji smiled and said if you sing Lalitha Navarathna Maalai daily all your problems will be solved. I hope those ILites who are in distress read your post on Lalitha Navarathna Maalai and get benefitted.

Regards,

TDU

8. rajisri1

rajisri1 New IL'ite

Hi TDU,

Thank you very much for providing with that information.

The following URL was also given by a devotee. I myself was very much moved by this site and the speech of Sri Haridos Giri Swamigal is really astounding. I have never been to any of His bajans or speech in my life. Even though I have missed them in the past, this site brings them all to life now. I would like to share this for the benefit of the devotees and for those who have not come across this particular link.

http://www.chembur.com/gnanananda/haripravachan/index.htm

Regards
    raji

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  9. pammor

pammor Senior IL'ite

I had the oppurtunity to be with with Shri Haridoss Giri Swamiji in Chennai.I have been to many of his "KadaKaletchebams",especially the Radha Kalyanam he conducted in NaradaGana Saba can never be for gotten.In that he he blessed every one in the name of Krishna and Radha whith his vibrant voice which can never be forgotten by those who had attended.
    His knowledge in Music as well his stage rendering Tallents can not be compared with any one.His scholarly rendition of the slokas,events from puranas are real vibrations for the spritual souls.
    I am happy to see a thread on him here.

10. rajisri1

rajisri1 New IL'ite

Gnananandam

These pages have been scanned from Gnana Oli (May 2005) regarding the sloga Lalitha Navarathna Malai.

lalithanavratnamalai1.JPG

lalithanavratnamalai2.JPG

lalithanavratnamalai3.JPG

Regards
    Rajeswari Sridhar

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.