Guruji and Me

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by Tamildownunder, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

[​IMG]

It was in 2003 September when I moved in as a P.G in a house in London owned by Mrs. Rani Kananayagam, I came to know about Swami Haridos Giri. Listening to his songs and pravachans lased with humour, I became an instant admirer of him. I was saddened to hear that he had attained jala samadhi in 1994. Swami Haridos Giri has many followers in Malaysia, Singapore, Srilanka, London and other parts of the world too. He inspired me to write songs, some of which I am giving below. These songs have come from my heart spontaneously and I could set tunes as well. I used to sing them during weekly bhajans in the house. These songs are in Tamil.

Guriji and me

Kannai moodi konden
    gurujii dhyanam sethu vanthen
    guruji enthan ulle sendrar
    ahak kannai thiranthu vaithar

Kaathai moodi konden
    guruji enthan kaathil vanthu
    radhe krishna enrar

Vaayai moodi konden
    guruji enthan vaayai thiranthu
    harinamam paada cheythar

Kaii koopi ninren
    guruji enthan kaii patri
    nal vazhiyil azhaithu chenrar

Gynanda swamikali patri

Paarkum idangellam
    Gyananda unthan karunai mukam
    thonruthaiya, Gyananda

Ketkum mozhikallellam
    Gyananda unthan divya namam
    muzhanguthaiya, Gyananda

Sankara peedathil vantha
    Gyananda, engal sangadangal
    theerthu vaipai, Gyananda

Kaliyuga kannane
    Gyananda, engal kashtangali
    pokkiduvai, Gyananda

In praise of Guru

Inbathil choolum sutram
    thunbathil illai
    guruvai naadinal
    avarai anri veru
    gathiye unakethum illai

Inbamum unathillai
    thunbamum unathillai
    guruvudan sernthu
    harinamam paadu
    adaiyum inbathirkor azhave illai

Udalum poyye
    uyirum poyye
    thiruvarul onre niliyane meyye
    guruvarul inri thiruvarul illai
    aakave guruvai nee charanamadai

2. jayanthikrishnan

jayanthikrishnan New IL'ite

I Agree Guruji Has A Wonderful Voice. I Had The Pleasure Of Knowing Him And His Guru Gnananada Swmaiji.swami Haridas Stayed In My Place In The 1970s And I Used To Attend All His Discourses. Radhe Krishna----his Songs On Krishna Are Still Lovely To Hear.

3. Tamildownunder

Radhe Krishna

Jeyanthikrishnan,

It is nice to know that Guruji's followers are here also. The land lady Mrs. Rani Kanaganayagam where I stayed as P.G in London has named her house as Haridos Giri Ashram where the present Guruji, poojya Namaji visited in Nov.03 and I had the pleasure of attending all the bhajans that were arranged in many houses and temples. She still beleives that Guruji will come back. Guruji's sister Kalyani mami also visited the Ashram and gave bhajans. What impressed me most about Guruji is his treating everyone equal and explaining things in a simple and humourous way. His explanation of Krishna's dance with gopika ladies is wonderful.

4. jayanthikrishnan

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

So nice to see..

My mom & her entire family are fond of his bhajans and my mom, when she was staying in thapovanam where Haridos Giri Swamigal would visit or stay as he was a great devotee of Sri Gnanananda. My mom would tell lots and lots of stories about them. Today, here, reading yrs' experiences!!!!

Thanks, guys..

6. jayanthikrishnan

yes AMI i can imagine all the stories. I MET gNANADA SWAMIJI IN 1969 and had the pleasure and gift to stay in thapovanam and be with him.Then i met SWAMI HARIDAS IN 1978 IN KUALA LUMPUR where i attended all his lectures and somgs. For your onfo there is a get togather on Gnanda SWMIJI on pournami and also a Harae Krishna center,

7. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Can you detail me more abt the get together on swamiji??

8. Tamildownunder

Dear Ami,

There are lots of stories about Swamiji. This particular story is very interesting. Namaji who was known as Dandapani was working in madras and during one weekend he visited Thapovan. On Monday, when namaji was to leave for madras, Swamiji stopped him and so Namaji had to stay for the week at Thapovan. Next Monday , Namaji went to office thinking that in his absence files would have mounted. To his surprise he found thathis desk was empty. When he asked his colleagues they told that Namaji was there during the week and did all the work. This implies that Swamiji had done all the work for Namaji when Namaji was in Thapovan.

In my personal experience, while working in London, one day I was stuck up in my work and could not solve a problem which was bugging me. I took a break and started singing bhajan songs on Swamiji, like 'Gyananda gurum bhaje', 'En manathuthivane' and 'Anbe aaravamuthe arutkadale avinasa'. To my great releif and surprise the problem got solved.

I have read a biography of Swamiji in which there are episodes like how he brought speech to a boy who could not speak before.

Gyananda Swamikaluku jai,

Radhe Krishna

9. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

very touching..if you can send episodes, will PM you my id. My cousin who is here in NJ, is also very craze on swamiji and other swamijis too like sesathrigiri swamigal.

Let me know..

Rgds.

10. Tamildownunder

Dear Ami,

There are so many episodes in his biography. I can only narrate a few from my memory. There is an episode when Swamiji had started staying in Thirukoiloor. One day a hard core thief entered the thapovan. But, he changed his mind after seeing Swamiji and continued to stay with Swamiji to serve himand I am told he is still around.

In another episode, Swamiji asked Haridos Swamikal to master all vedas, upanishads overnight. Guruji was wondering how he is going to do and could not help falling asleep. In his dream Swamiji came and told him to make a ditch and bury all the vedas and upanishads. Morning came, Guruji was feeling guilty not having mastered the vedas. When he went in front of Swamiji, he smiled at him and asked him, 'have you buried all the vedas and upanishads?'. Guruji was surprised how Swamiji was knowing about his dream. Swamiji called Guruji near and placed his feet on his head and Guruji got all the knowledge of vedas and upanishads. There are more such episodes and I shall post as and when I remember them fully.

Gyananda Swamikaluku jai

radhe krishna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.