Gurgaon Shopping Malls

Discussion in 'NCR' started by uttarkideepika, Mar 12, 2009.

1. uttarkideepika

uttarkideepika New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

We are planning to visit Delhi shortly and during the visit there, we are also planning to go to Gurgaon too for a seminar. I have heard a lot about Gurgaon - The Mall City; can you please guide me as to which malls I should look out for the best deals considering apparels, accessories, furnishings, etc. I heard Gurgaon has theme based malls too; is that true?

Looking forward to hear from you. Anyone's listening?? :whistle

2. ishanisharma

ishanisharma New IL'ite

ya..I'm listening :)
    Sorry being a Gurgaonite couldn't respond earlier as I was on a trip to Jaipur besides other commitments. Well Gurgaon is indeed the Mall city of India and you must go mall hopping (as we do :wink:) on your visit here.

Here is a list of the malls as I could compile for you. Will add and write more on them.

• <st1:place><st1:placename>DLF</st1:placename><st1:placetype>City</st1:placetype></st1:place> Centre
    • DLF Mega mall
    • DLF Grand mall
    • MGF Metropolitan
    • <st1:place>Sahara</st1:place> mall<st1:place><st1:placename></st1:placename></st1:place>
    • <st1:place><st1:placename>MGF</st1:placename><st1:placename>Mega</st1:placename><st1:placetype>City</st1:placetype></st1:place> mall
    • The Galaxy mall
    • <st1:place><st1:placename>Omaxe</st1:placename><st1:placetype>Plaza</st1:placetype></st1:place> (SRS),<st1:street><st1:address>Sohna Road</st1:address></st1:street>
    • <st1:street><st1:address></st1:address></st1:street>Gurgaon Central
    • The Landmark Mall
    • [FONT=&quot]Ambi Mall - NH8[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    Speciality malls

• Gold Souk mall (Jewellery)

• <st1:place><st1:placename></st1:placename></st1:place>The Plaza ([FONT=&quot]Home and Interiors)[/FONT]

3. uttarkideepika

Hello Ishani thank you so much for taking time out and posting this great information. I'm really excited...so many Malls...WOW!!!

If you please let me know which place these malls are and roughly which is best for what, I'll be greatly obliged. Do these Malls have multiplexes as well? Thanks again.

Deepika

4. QueenieB

QueenieB New IL'ite

How Gurgaon survives Mall saturation?

It really makes me think how Gurgaon survives the Mall saturation. At a time of global meltdown and when Malls in most Indian cities are forced to pull their shutters down, it is amazing that Gurgaon has this never ending list of Malls.

Moreover, I recently came across a news piece which read that DLF is building India’s largest mall in India called ‘Mall of India’ in Gurgaon which has a size of 32.87 acres and lettable area of 4 million square feet.

Now that seems to be astronomical for a Mall!!! :spin
    <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:21pt; height:12.75pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_spin.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->

5. SoniaVerma

SoniaVerma Senior IL'ite

You are very right QueenieB. The spur of malls in Gurgaon seems to be unstoppable. Large investment opportunities and disposable income form the basis to large spending. A few more Malls are upcoming in Gurgaon:

• DLF Mall of <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region>
    • DLF South Point mall
    • MGF Metropolis mall
    • DLF Star mall
    • The Wedding mall
    • Raheja Shopping mall
    • Regent Square mall
    • Senior mall
    • <st1:place><st1:placename>Centre</st1:placename> <st1:placetype>Plaza</st1:placetype></st1:place> mall
    So get set go.....

6. ashwiniyadav01

ashwiniyadav01 New IL'ite

Phew!!! That is really astronomical. And so many Malls??? How do they thrive yaar? As I read sometime back that many Malls in cities are closing down to cut costs in this turbulent economy. Gurgaon really stands as an exception. But the big question is 'Are these Malls really profitable and thriving?' or are they relying on the food plazas and multiplexes for revenue.
    :hide:

7. uttarkideepika

Hi Friends, Just back from Gurgaon and I'd like to thank Ishani and all for their inputs on the Malls of Gurgaon.

I'm really-really fascinated with the Malls in the city. I guess if you visit the Malls in Gurgaon, you can say...the world a small place. I could find almost everything Indian, exotic, oriental and continental food stuffs. For that I found Spencer's hyper Market in Mega Mall the best. I liked the Momos in the Big Bazaar Outlet in Sahara Mall and collection of Bangles in Aswera in Sahara Mall are worth a choice.

Which is your fav Mall in Gurgaon?