1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Guess where in the world is this place

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Achu, the scene with your daughter reminds me of my experience with my elder daughter who used to climb all the obstacles on her way and she will finally reach her goal--whether it is the DT or the dressing table or the showcase, sofa, no exception and jump on it.
    Do you know what the obstacles are---packed boxes arranged like a Golu in front of all the things she used to climb! Imagine what a mess around the house those days!
    sriniketan

2. solonacea

solonacea New IL'ite

hi ,m also sailing on the same boat with u all .it was really funny............:rotfl

3. Sriniketan

Hop on, Solonacea! you are welcome on this boat!

sriniketan

4. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Sri, Really funny article that was. Today morning only i was cursing myself for keeping the house so untidy. I vowed to clean atleast one room a day. As a first step cleaned my balcony now. My dining table is cleaned atleast once a day as my tuition children come and i make them sit there only. But the closets, side tables, centre tables, daughter's study table, place under the cot, refrigerator and the list goes on and on. Suddenly one day i will feel so stupid and pull down everything and start cleaning but things donot remain the same even for a week. so it really upsets. what is the point in cleaning daily it is going to be spoiled again. If there is some party or pooja then i make it a point to clean everything once. Two or three days before i will start cleaning everything and ensure that everything is in order on the d-day. This thread has given a great solace. NOT ONLY WE. MANY OTHERS. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

5. Sriniketan

Hi Sujatha, the responses from the fellow-ilites is a great solace to me as this thread is to you because I also plan the same way as you do like cleaning one room at a time which never materialises.:-(
    BTW what is the tuition for?
    sriniketan

6. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Sri, I teach Maths for the CBSE students here. From 5th standard to 9th standard.

7. Sriniketan

Hi Sujatha, happy to see that you teach maths. is it the same syllabus over there and how did you find it, easy or moderate?

sriniketan

8. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Sri, The syllabus is the same as that of Indian CBSE syllabus. They have reduced lot of portions now and have made it very very simple. But i do not know how these children will be able to cope up with the higher education if they plan to go abroad later for higher studies.

9. Sriniketan

What have you said is true, Sujatha!
    Just like in US very easy going during the elementary levels, and becomes difficult during the high school and college levels.

sriniketan

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sriniketan ,

What a humorous write up. I was laughing alound reading the list of articles. As I already had an idea what it was ( saw it in the nomination for FP), I could totally understand how and why those things landed on your DT !! And do take a heart, you seem to be in good company.
    No, I cannot join you all. My table is quite neat and there are flowers and candles on it ! I belong more to Shobanag's league....all outward appearances are fine and neat. But but but...please don't even dare to peep into closets, drawers, storage baskets and what nots! Tragedy of it is, it is so well stashed off, that we go and buy doubles because we can't find them!! Or trebles !:-(

L, Kamla