GTT tomorrow.. Any last minute tips, please..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Oceanus, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Oceanus

Oceanus New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

I have GTT scheduled tomorrow at 9 AM. Because of PCOS and Dad is diabetic [Type 2] patient, doctors say that my risk is high to get GD. Additionally I am bit overweight. BMI = 28. I have been paranoid about this since the day I got pregnant. I am completing 26 weeks today. As I am south Indian rice is the main food. But I had idly /dosa very rarely [may be 3/4 times in last 6 months]. When cooking rice, I will drain the starch. Mostly had chappathis. Did good walking and kept myself active. Avoided all sweets, sometimes will go for half tsp sugar with milk. But ate good amount of fruits [min 3/day]. Last 2 weeks I increased rice intake, hoping if GTT goes fine, I can start having Idly/Dosa for the rest of my pregnancy.

Anyway the test is tomorrow, and I anxious like a +2 student waiting for public examination results. Any last minute advice will be much helpful to calm me down... :bowdown

1 person likes this.

2. nidhijoshi

nidhijoshi Silver IL'ite

dont worry all will be well......may god be with you....juts relax .....dont panick.....

1 person likes this.
  3. pj1972

pj1972 New IL'ite

If GTT is normal nothing to worry.

1 person likes this.
  4. Oceanus

Oceanus New IL'ite

Thank you for your quick response and supporting words dear nidhi.. Hope things go well.. fingers crossed...

1 person likes this.
  5. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi

Pls. dont consume rice today whole day. Eat only whole wheat items that too in moderation. Eat cinnamon and methi seeds. Drink lot of water and do some walking exercise as per Doc advice as you are pregnant.

Good luck to you.

Best Regards
    Shanti

1 person likes this.
  6. Oceanus

Oceanus New IL'ite

One more question... Till now the midwife tested for sugar in urine every 4 weeks. They said its fine. I thought it would be fine. But she also said if Urine test is fine, it doesn't mean blood sugar level also will be normal... Is it so?? Here doctors or midwives never miss a chance to scare us. They don't say encouraging words.

7. Oceanus

Oceanus New IL'ite

Thank you Shanti... I will follow your advice. How to eat cinnamon? I have cinnamon powder at home. Can I mix a tsp with milk??

8. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

Welcome to IL family, Please be calm, May BABA be with you and bless you with good health and strength and a safe delivery too. Keep chanting his name or any ishta devtha and leave the rest to them, Best Wishes, Do update

1 person likes this.
  9. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi

If you have cinnamon powder mix with milk or tea and drink regularly. Cinnamon is very good for controlling sugar and other health concerns. Its a very good spice to be included on daily basis if you like the taste and flavour.

For dinner you eat whole wheat bread only or roti with daal. Protein is very good and controls sugar. Primarily dont get scared. Stress also leads to sugar level shooting up........ dont worry.

Gud luck.

Regards
    Shanti

1 person likes this.
  10. Oceanus

Oceanus New IL'ite

Thank you Shanti... That really helps a lot. I will follow that today and divert my mind and try to be stress-free... Thanks again... :)

Dear Sai Sakthi, Thanks a lot for your wishes and blessings, Yes I will definitely update tomorrow about how the test went and also the results. They say they will take 24-48 hours to call me back with the results. Its going to be long 3 days...

Hi pj1972, thanks a lot for your response. :) Hope everything goes alright...