1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Groom Need Dowry Or Wife???

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Smileyshravs, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Smileyshravs

Smileyshravs Silver IL'ite

Yeah.. The Event was finished by 10.30am

sindmani and iamsrihere like this.
  2. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Good luck and prayers for the bride:) May her marriage life prove all our fears wrong.

sindmani likes this.
  3. Smileyshravs

Yeah.. Hope So:)

4. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

This reminded me of an incident happened in my graduation. I had a friend in my graduation whose marriage got fixed in a hurry burry manner. The groom side people came to see her in January and her marriage got fixed by the end of January. When we asked her about what her fiancé does she told us that he's a software engineer working in Wipro. They demanded 7 lakh dowry and 1/2kg gold:shocked:. Her parents who were unable bare the expenses and demands of the groom’s side even sold their house to meet their demands. They didn’t do any enquiry about the boy & his family and believed them blindly. The girls side actually belonged to a lower middle class family and they were very happy to get a software engineer Samandam.

On the day of wedding, when me & my friends reached the wedding hall everyone were crying and asked us to leave saying that the wedding’s cancelled:shocked:. We were shocked to know that the groom had a fit and started vomiting on the dais during the Muhurtham after tying the Mangalsutra. The girl (my friend) who’s always bold in our class removed the sacred thread then and there itsef, told her parents that she doesn’t want a patient as her husband and her parents supported her decision. She also told them that she wants to get settled in a good career before getting married. She didn’t cry but stood strong. Now she is working in a software firm, happily married with a kid.

Later it was found that the guy wasn’t a software engineer and didn’t even complete his tenth standard and he had some major health issues. Imagine what would’ve been the plight of the girl if she would have accepted him as her husband:shakehead:.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    Adamsribs, NeetaR, nakshatra1 and 7 others like this.
  5. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True.

Smileyshravs likes this.
  6. Smileyshravs

Thank You Teenu for sharing your valuable Feedback and your experience..
    and I am glad that your friend is bold and every girl should be like her..
    and I am very happy for her beautiful life..:thumbsup:

teenulahari and sindmani like this.
  7. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

U hit the nail

8. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

To some extent we can say girl's parents are not to be blamed and they want to give their daughter gifts that are costly out of love or to show off their relatives. But in the long run I personally don't fully support this. If they can afford at least they can give their daughter later on when they feel they are old like they give their sons.

iamsrihere likes this.
  9. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

This is true and a valid point...

sindmani likes this.
  10. Smileyshravs

Yes. they can give it later if they can..but here.. the grooms family demanded the dowry..
    so the bride's family may think that.. it will be privilege/ prestige for the family and for their daughter too in the in-laws house.

sindmani and Thyagarajan like this.