GREEN BUILDINGS - Fairly New Concept to India.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Pallavi4me, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

You may wonder to know this!!!

Upgrade the Windows & Doors: If a home is more than 10-12 yrs old, the chances are high that the Doors & windows would have become inefficient.

Remember, Windows & doors are passive energy wasters.

It is best to have double / tripple pannelled to minimizze the effect on heating & cooling system indoors.

Further, new doors are more efficient since they fit better and allow lesser gaps between the seams.

1 person likes this.
  2. Pallavi4me

Instead of completely concreting / making a hard road / pavement in and around the houses/ housing socities / town ships one can use interlocking Permeable pavers.

View attachment 151755

Interlocking Permeable pavers are easily available in the market also.

1 person likes this.
  3. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Pals thanks for sharing the info with pictures

4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

Thanks for sharing the above vital information, which are the need of the hour, though India may take some time to fall in line with other countries, the awareness should well being from now on...

Go ahead with your efforts and enrich us with your posts please..

1 person likes this.
  5. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Hi pals

valable information.

thanks for sharing the info......

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Greenhouse concept is very popular in the United States, even though I consider Germany as more advanced in alternate energy consumption at residence than any other country in the world. We are slowly beginning to use solar reflectors on the roof to generate electricity to be used in the house especially for pool heating, running the motor that circulate pool water, etc. With effect from March 2012, Florida brought a legislation that variable motor pumps will have to be used for all houses for recycling pool water. Recycling plastic, newspaper, bottles, etc. has been a practiced for many years. The city is providing reclaimed water for plants and grass while clean portable water is provided for human consumption. The federal government gives a huge tax credit for those who use solar energy at home. Even if the houses generate excess power, the local power companies are using the excess power and provide credit to the houses that supply power.

Sealing the walls and windows to prevent leak of outside temperature into the house and the airconditioning leaking out of the house, is very popular.

Recently, I came across a product called "photo catalytic oxidation equipment" that enables to clean the indoor area of bacteria, germs and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and convert them into H2O (water). If we install this equipment inside the house that is newly painted, within a few minutes, this system would get rid of unhealthy smell inside the room.

Viswa

3 people like this.
  7. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Very interesting topic dear.

Thanks for sharing the info.........:bowdown:bowdown

Will note down all points and will do my best to infuse them when we construct own house:).

1 person likes this.
  8. Pallavi4me

Thank you Latha for the encouragement. I will some up some more info regarding this soon.

9. Pallavi4me

Thank you Saisakthi for coming in and encouragement.

Ya, In India we are just starting this concept. It needs awareness and spreading of information about this. I'm just trying to do my bit.

Surely I will come up with more info.

10. Pallavi4me

Hi Gayathri. Thanks for coming in dear.