1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Great Indian Marriage and Loving Indian Husbands

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ria2006, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Publication | Indian Publication News | Indian Publication Aggregator | Regional Publication News | Leading Publications India

SAHARSA (BIHAR): A man and his family members on Thursday chopped off his wife's tongue, broke her teeth, tried to set her on fire at their home today in Bihar's Saharsa district and when that failed bundled her to the cremation ground to get rid of her.

The hapless woman, tortured beyond endurance, survived till police help arrived and collapsed and died on reaching the hospital.

The brutal incident took place at Sihaul village under Bihra police station in the district this noon when Pawan Kumar Singh, who had married a second time, tried to get rid of his first wife Prabha, police said.

Subjected to inhuman brutality as Pawan aided by his family members chopped off her tongue with a sharp weapon and sprinkled kerosene on her to set her on fire, Prabha screamed for help.

At this, Singh and his family members bundled her in a quilt to avoid detection by neighbours, put her on a tractor and took her to the nearby creamtion ground on the banks of Ghemra river, the police said.

As Prabha writhed in pain begging for water, her family members arranged a pyre and procure sufficient kerosene to burn her alive.

However, she was saved the final agony as the police, who had been informed, reached the spot and rushed the woman to the hospital, where she died.

Singh and his family members escaped and the police have launched a search for them.

Comments::: If I were God and I saw it happening. I will bring all my females kids back to my heaven or hell.But never let them be wasted on this planet earth. where is God when such things happen..
    <!--google_ad_region_end=article--><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = '<iframe src=""\"http://adstil.indiatimes.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads/www.timesofindia.com/Stories/index.html/1'+RNS+'@Right3?\" WIDTH=255 HEIGHT=250 marginwidth=0 align="left" marginheight=0 hspace=1 vspace=0 frameborder=0 scrolling=no bordercolor=\"#000000\"> </iframe>'; if (doweshowbellyad==1) bellyad.innerHTML = b2; </SCRIPT>

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007

2. Nandhita

Nandhita New IL'ite

Unimaginably gory! When I read similar stories the first thing I do is pray for a moment for the soul/s and then wonder whether God exists. Very Contrasting thoughts, yes, but can't help.

Nandhita

3. sashie

sashie New IL'ite

this is so sad, do you know if this women had any children? why do men like this get married?

4. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Hello Sashie,

I dont know anything more about the woman in question.
    I just read this from TimesofIndia and I was shaken beyonf belief. That such ruthlessness exist in some part of world. And that world is my Home country too. Shame on me too :thumbsdown. That we just think if we our world is fine..rest everything in world is fine.. There is so much pain around that if each one of us could help our next door person. Half the pain will go..

Just too mad about it..

5. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

It not only happens in our home country Ria but we also take to which ever country we immigrate to. Jenita is an example and fortunately she lived to tell it. Unfortunately the woman in my side of the town (ashburn\sterling\chantilly) was not so. Police found her chopped off head in a suitcase in a dumpster.

This resulted in water cooler (sick) jokes that there is no divorce among our indians followed by a horizontal swipe across the throat (indicating instead heads get chopped off).

This violence against the weak is a universal trait, only hope is in making the weak to stand up for themselves.

6. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Blondie,

I agree with you. I do hear sometime quiet whispers about Indian marriage dichotomy. And I know it hurts but its true too. Indian Marriage is losing it sanctity faster than we realize. We cannot be having moral story of marriage intact with greedy vultures all around.
    Husbands want their wives to provide good sex, cook food, earn equal..But they dont want those wives to ask equal rights similar to western wives.. So I would say there will be growing discontent among this diaspora too. And to add to that In-laws add thier baggage too. So Indian marriage had always been one-sided hardships for women.
    Some are luckier to get better deal of it. But most are struggling to find the balance of life.

Ria

7. rakshantha

rakshantha New IL'ite

My god I just cant believe it. If the police catch that guy and his family. they should not just be given capital punishment. The punishment should be something that another person should not dare to do such a thing again to his wife. People like this guy should realise that wife is not a machine nor his slave but another human being just like him with same emotions, pain and feelings.

8. Uma Jogi

Uma Jogi Senior IL'ite

oh my God ...this is rediculous...
    when i come to know abt these type of situations i just feel why has GOD created Human beings with such a brutal attitude...!!
    so sad n i feel like dumping of all such men n in-laws into a big whole n bury them alive...!!! cant help words flooding out ...!! sorry...!!

9. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

Ria

After reading the post..all I can think of is..why do we blame husbands or men for what they are doing?...why do we forget that the family members his mother / sister / second wife were also involved in this incident..are they not women??..Sorry i am just thinking loud...

I think first of all..we women have to know whom we are hurting till that time no point in blaming the opposite sex as we ourselves are not doing justice to the fellow females. In every post we read on IL can we count how many of them have their MIL or SIL bothering them? if we filter out those issues we will have very few to list our related to FIL or husbands being mean.

Might be for better future we women have to pledge for ourselves and to our soul that we wont harm or interfere or talk or judge about other women.sometimes I feel this is like a never ending loop. MIL or SIL judges the new DIL and the whole cycle of blame game starts..so some where we have to stop this. atleast for the betterment of next generation.

10. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Saahithya

I agree with you that each female needs to be more tolerant of others for healthy relations in family. But my apathy in this particular case lies more with husband, main reason he s the one who is supposed to be attached to wife if not rest of the family. If he himself turns to be monster what others not so related relatives will do.

I think any healthy society needs right grooming of both males and females kids. Why keep the onus alone on females? If only mothers taught their sons to be more respectful to their spouse, to her family and other similar concerns. So ensuring correct family values are the key to solving this than just teaching females to be more tolerant.

Ria