1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Grandparents teach the best

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by iyerviji, Jul 14, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

In every house a senior person is required to teach the children the best. Grandparents are the best to teach the grandkids the best. Especially for working women they need some senior persons to look after their children when they are away on work. Who else will be better than the grandparents.

The children brought up by grandparents learn so many things. The grandparents teach them the good things which they should know in life. Like saying Prayer early in the morning, looking after their needs, making them eat at the right time, etc etc.
    Some thing sare difficult for them but still they take pleasure in doing anything for their grandkids. Because of their extra love for the grandchildren they sometimes have misunderstanding with their daughter in law or daughter.

I dont say that the parents cant teach their children. Now a days the parents are modern and have so much knowledge about everything. Both work and see the outside world and they sometimes know better than the grandparents in some things. The parents want their children to excel in everything and be the best. At the same time the grandparents have experience and their way of life bringing up children is different. Both parents and grandparents together can make the children the best by which in future when they grow up they learn so much and they in turn can be the best parents.

1 person likes this.

2. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

A wonderful write up vijima..

Shanti

3. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

It's true because grand parents have a way with the kids and grand kids also listen to their grand parents out of interests and love and they only see their parents as enemies.

In matters related to morality, civic sense, some good habits gr.kids look up to their gr.parents . They know they would not let them down.

Maty be in the world of gadgets parents might be of help to them .

4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

You are absolutely right !!
    The grand parents after their retirement enjoy their time being with their children and grand children teaching them all traditions that are followed in the house, taking them out to school and imbibing good cultural values.
    Not only do the children get to learn but sometimes the parents too learn a lot from all this !!
    Very nice article and I enjoyed every bit of it ma !

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Shanti dear thanks for your first response and glad to know you liked the post

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mathangi

Thanks for your fb and for sharing your views

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sudha dear glad you liked the post and to receive your views. [

8. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

I do agree with you if the grand parents are nice to their DIL. Some of the mean MILs especially teach the grand kids to go against their mother. I have seen it and know about it personally. Hope we all become good grand parents and if we have problems with DIL, shouldn't tell the kids negative about their mothers. Same thing goes to DILs too.

I did not have grand parents, but stayed wit my relatives. Yes older people will tell stories, teach prayers etc. It is Priceless. Technology can't buy that kind of experience. In my opinion, grand parents are their to spoil the children too. That is the fun part of it.

Hope in my next birth, I will grand parents. ( Yes, I am coming back)
    CL

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

CL dear there are good and bad in every relation. We can just pray to God to give us good relation.

I did not have grand parents, but stayed wit my relatives. Yes older people will tell stories, teach prayers etc. It is Priceless. Technology can't buy that kind of experience.

True

In this birthitself you wil become grandparent.

10. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Viji ma,

A nice write up. Only Grandparents teach the kids the values and virtues in life.
    They bring in the discipline and cleanliness habits in kids, teach them simple games that help in the development of the kid, teach them songs, bajans, rhymes, tell moral stories and all..

Today's is a busy world and elders know that the kids need attention and hence they are with every action of the kid and also the kids never miss their parents as long as they are with grandparents.

your Article brought back the memories i had with my granddad and grandmom. I was treated like a queen at my Grandpa's place when i was a kid.I still receive that special treatment from my uncles and aunts as i had been his favourite.

In that case we can say that elders of the family help maintain the bonds in the family and bring up relationships in a constructive way.