1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Goodbye America!

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by jothi, Apr 21, 2007.

1. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Well, after 13 yrs of life in the US of A, I am finally going back. It is so ironic that I cannot call India my Country anymore, cause I am an American Citizen now. Yesterday was my farewell party at the nusrsery school that I used to work. It was so heartbreaking for me, all those beautiful three yr old faces showered we with hugs and kisses and a little three yr old boy, started sobbing. Tears rolled down my eyes as I saw him, so upset that I was leaving.
    The reality of the move has not sunk in yet for me. I guess I will feel it as I sit in the plane and I think OMG I will not be living in America anymore. But I know we are doing the right thing and this is a good decision for my family.

I have done some packing, and I have tons of packing more to do. So friends, this is goodbye from America. I am signing out in America and I will see you all in Chennai as soon as I get an internet connection there. Take care.

See you all soon,
    Jothi.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007

2. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear Jothi,

All the best & best wishes:2thumbsup:

3. Naveena

Naveena New IL'ite

Hi Jothi,

It was nice to read about your mixed feelings. Quite true that after 13 years of life here, its difficult to leave. But as you said, it is the right decision.

Happy journey and wish you all the best. Bye.

Veena.

4. vaishnavilakshmi

vaishnavilakshmi Bronze IL'ite

Hi jyoti,

Nice to know that u r leaving to india soon for good.That is the best decision one should take .I myself unknowingly shedded tears today morning when i read about ur posting about nursery kids shedding and sobbing as they would be missing u..Anywayz it would just be the same pain like a new girl leaving her parents and going to inlaws house.But since u r going to our own home country,u wouldn't feel so much pain or have time to feel about this.."SEPERATION IS SO HARD BUT ITS GONNA BE A SWEET PAIN" in this case."girls get so attached and adapated anywhere"

As all of us come to USA for some purpose,once v achieve our purpose ,goal,or target,we all should make such a good decision as Jyoti is doing now.

Good Job Jyoti,
    Happy journey,
    Meet u in chennai forum,
    But just let us know when u start participating,ok
    Cheers,
    vaishu

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jothi,
    This is to welcome you to Chennai.
    I am sure you are taking the right decision in coming back to our motherland.
    In case you need any help in Chennai, please feel free to P M me.
    All the best.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jothi,

It is a big step you have taken. This will be another major memorable decision in your life.
    I wish you and your family every happiness and success for the new beginning in your old home country.

I wish you the very best of luck. Get back to IL as soon as you are 'webbed':)

L, Kamla

7. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Jothi,

I strongly believe that "home is where the heart is" . So yes you have made a good decision. I do believe the kids will also benefit a lot from the move.

Good luck with the move. I do hope and pray for a smooth transition from here to there . And we will miss you in IL for the short time you are gone, but please, do get back as soon as you can .

All the very best to you and your family.

Love
    Vandhana

8. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Jothi

I hope it is only 'Good-bye' to America,not to any of us here.

Yours is a wise decision taken at the right time.Goodluck on your move and hope to see you 'here' soon.

9. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

You have taken correct decision at proper time , Jothi. Your parents would be very happy to see you around them. Tears fell down while reading about your farewell party.