Good stories with a moral

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by mathangikkumar, Dec 4, 2013.

1. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]
    Once there was a king who received a gift of two magnificent falcons
    from Arabia. They were peregrine falcons, the most beautiful birds he
    had ever seen. He gave the precious birds to his head falconer to be
    trained.

Months passed and one day the head falconer informed the king that
    though one of the falcons was flying majestically, soaring high in the
    sky, the other bird had not moved from its branch since the day it had
    arrived.

The king summoned healers and sorcerers from all the land to tend to the
    falcon, but no one could make the bird fly. He presented the task to
    the member of his court, but the next day, the king saw through the
    palace window that the bird had still not moved from its perch. Having
    tried everything else, the king thought to himself, "May be I need
    someone more familiar with the countryside to understand the nature of
    this problem." So he cried out to his court, "Go and get a farmer."

In the morning, the king was thrilled to see the falcon soaring high
    above the palace gardens. He said to his court, "Bring me the doer of
    this miracle."

The court quickly located the farmer, who came and stood before the king. The king asked him, "How did you make the falcon fly?"

With head bowed, the farmer said to the king, " It was very easy, your
    highness. I simply cut the branch where the bird was sitting."

Moral :-
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]
    We are all made to fly - to realize our incredible potential as human
    beings. But instead of doing that, we sit on our branches, clinging to
    the things that are familiar to us. The possibilities are endless, but
    for most of us, they remain undiscovered. We conform to the familiar,
    the comfortable, the mundane. So for the most part, our lives are
    mediocre instead of exciting, thrilling and fulfilling. So let us learn
    to destroy the branch of fear we cling to and free ourselves to the
    glory of flight..
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, sans-serif],.........................................[/FONT]
    [h=3]An 65 year old man was sitting on the sofa in his house along with his 38 years old highly educated son. Suddenly a crow perched on their window.[/h]

The Father asked his Son, "What is this?"
    The Son replied "It is a crow".
    After a few minutes, the Father asked his Son the 2nd time, "What is this?"
    The Son said "Father, I have just now told you "It's a crow".
    After a little while, the old Father again asked his Son the 3rd time, what is this?"
    At this time some expression of irritation was felt in the Son's tone when he said to his Father with a rebuff. "It's a crow, a crow".
    A little after, the Father again asked his Son t he 4th time, "What is this?"
    This time the Son shouted at his Father, "Why do you keep asking me the same question again and again, although I have told you so many times 'IT IS A CROW'. Are you not able to understand this?"

A little later the Father went to his room and came back with an old tattered diary, which he had maintained since his Son was born. On opening a page, he asked his Son to read that page. When the son read it, the following words were written in the diary:-

"Today my little son aged three was sitting with me on the sofa, when a crow was sitting on the window. My Son asked me 23 times what it was, and I replied to him all 23 times that it was a Crow. I hugged him lovingly each time he asked me the same question again and again for 23 times. I did not at all feel irritated I rather felt affection for my innocent child".

While the little child asked him 23 times "What is this", the Father had felt no irritation in replying to the same question all 23 times and when today the Father asked his Son the same question just 4 times, the Son felt irritated and annoyed.

So, if your parents attain old age, do not repulse them or look at them as a burden, but speak to them a gracious word, be cool, obedient, humble and kind to them. Be considerate to your parents. From today say this aloud, "I want to see my parents happy forever. They have cared for me ever since I was a little child. They have always showered their selfless love on me. They crossed all mountains and valleys without seeing the storm and heat to make me a person presentable in the society today".

Say a prayer to God, "I will serve my old parents in the BEST way. I will say all good and kind words to my dear parents, no matter how they behave

[FONT=verdana, sans-serif][/FONT]

1 person likes this.

2. mathangikkumar

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]"Good morning" said a woman as she walked up to the man sitting on the ground.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]The man slowly looked up. This was a woman clearly accustomed to the finer things of life. Her coat was new. She looked like she had never missed a meal in her life.

His first thought was that she wanted to make fun of him, like so many others had done before... "Leave me alone," he growled...

To his amazement, the woman continued standing.

She was smiling -- her even white teeth displayed in dazzling rows. "Are you hungry?" she asked.

"No," he answered sarcastically. "I've just come from dining with the President. Now go away."

The woman's smile became even broader. Suddenly the man felt a gentle hand under his arm.

"What are you doing, lady?" the man asked angrily. "I said to leave me alone". Just then a policeman came up. "Is there any problem, ma'am?" he asked.

"No problem here, officer," the woman answered. "I'm just trying to get this man to his feet. Will you help me?"

The officer scratched his head. "That's old Jack. He's been a fixture around here for a couple of years. What do you want with him?"

"See that cafeteria over there?" she asked. "I'm going to get him something to eat and get him out of the cold for awhile."

"Are you crazy, lady?" the homeless man resisted. "I don't want to go in there!" Then he felt strong hands grab his other arm and lift him up. "Let me go, officer. I didn't do anything."
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

" This is a good deal for you, Jack" the officer answered. "Don't blow it."

Finally, and with some difficulty, the woman and the police officer got Jack into the cafeteria and sat him at a table in a remote corner. It was the middle of the morning, so most of the breakfast crowd had already left and the lunch bunch had not yet arrived.

The manager strode across the cafeteria and stood by his table. "What's going on here, officer?" he asked. "What is all this, is this man in trouble?"

"This lady brought this man in here to be fed," the policeman answered.

"Not in here!" the manager replied angrily. "Having a person like that here is bad for business.."

Old Jack smiled a toothless grin. "See, lady. I told you so. Now if you'll let me go. I didn't want to come here in the first place."
    The woman turned to the cafeteria manager and smiled. "Sir, are you familiar with Eddy and Associates, the banking firm down the street?"

"Of course I am," the manager answered impatiently. "They hold their weekly meetings in one of my banquet rooms."

"And do you make a godly amount of money providing food at these weekly meetings?"

"What business is that of yours?"

I, sir, am Penelope Eddy, president and CEO of the company."
    "Oh."

The woman smiled again. "I thought that might make a difference." She glanced at the cop who was busy stifling a giggle. "Would you like to join us in a cup of coffee and a meal, officer?"

"No thanks, ma'am," the officer replied. "I'm on duty."

"Then, perhaps, a cup of coffee to go?"

"Yes, maam. That would be very nice."

The cafeteria manager turned on his heel, "I'll get your coffee for you right away, officer."

The officer watched him walk away. "You certainly put him in his place," he said.

"That was not my intent. Believe it or not, I have a reason for all this."

She sat down at the table across from her amazed dinner guest.

She stared at him intently. "Jack, do you remember me?"

Old Jack searched her face with his old, rheumy eyes. "I think so -- I mean you do look familiar."

"I'm a little older perhaps," she said. "Maybe I've even filled out more than in my younger days when you worked here, and I came through that very door, cold and hungry."

"Ma'am?" the officer said questioningly. He couldn't believe that such a magnificently turned out woman could ever have been hungry.

"I was just out of college," the woman began. "I had come to the city looking for a job, but I couldn't find anything. Finally, I was down to my last few cents and had been kicked out of my apartment. I walked the streets for days. It was February and I was cold and nearly starving. I saw this place and walked in on the off chance that I could get something to eat."

Jack lit up with a smile. "Now I remember," he said.. "I was behind the serving counter. You came up and asked me if you could work for something to eat. I said that it was against company policy."

"I know," the woman continued. "Then you made me the biggest sandwich that I had ever seen, gave me a cup of coffee, and told me to go over to a corner table and enjoy it. I was afraid that you would get into trouble. Then, when I looked over and saw you put the price of my food in the cash register, I knew then that everything would be all right."

"So you started your own business?" Old Jack said.

"I got a job that very afternoon. I worked my way up. Eventually I started my own business that, with the help of God, prospered."

She opened her purse and pulled out a business card. "When you are finished here, I want you to pay a visit to a Mr. Lyons. He's the personnel director of my company. I'll go talk to him now and I'm certain he'll find something for you to do around the office." She smiled. "I think he might even find the funds to give you a little advance so that you can buy some clothes and get a place to live until you get on your feet. If you ever need anything, my door is always opened to you."

There were tears in the old man's eyes. "How can I ever thank you?" he said.

"Don't thank me," the woman answered. "To God goes the glory. Thank God. He led me to you."

Outside the cafeteria, the officer and the woman paused at the entrance before going their separate ways.

"Thank you for all your help, officer," she said.

"On the contrary, Ms. Eddy," he answered. "Thank you. I saw a miracle today, something that I will never forget. And, and thank you for the coffee."

God is going to shift things around for you today and let things work in your favour.

If you believe, send it. If you don't believe, delete it.

God closes doors no man can open God opens doors no man can close. If you need God to open some doors for you, send this on.

Never ever forget the person who has helped you to rise, who has taught you to do good things in life, and your parents or grandparents who have always thought of you first at every step of their lives.

Have a blessed day and remember to be a blessing.

2 people like this.
  3. mathangikkumar

Story 1:

There was a country whose economy was totally dependent on agriculture. Suddenly, one year, the crop yields failed as rats invaded the fields and consumed a lion's share of the grains. The King declared a reward Rs.2/- per each rat caught, dead or alive. Next day, bag-fulls of dead and live rats arrived in the royal court yard and the rewards were claimed. Months went by. Rat reward claims emptied the state treasury. The King thought that crop yields must have gone up as rats have been caught. However, the King observed that while the rat reward claims have sky-rocketed and eaten into the state coffers, crop yields have almost become zero. The King sent his minister to find out the truth. The Minister
    returned back to the King and narrated that all agriculturists have turned into rat farmers now, as income from rat-catching is more lucrative than crop sale. Growing rats was found to be more beneficial.
    The King realised that incentives never work. Instead, agriculture should be encouraged by removing the impediments that cause hardship to farmers.

Moral : A ruler should encourage sustaining a livelihood activity
    rather than luring away people from it by offering rewards.

Story 2:

A Mosquito squatted on a man's cheek. He slapped his cheek to kill it.
    The Mosquito escaped. His cheek got reddened.The Mosquito again perched on the man's cheek and this time also it escaped the man's slap. This was repeated a number of times. The man became more resolute to kill it. He went after the mosquito all over his house and fell again and again in his bid to kill the insect. He got bruised all over his body and smashed all his belongings in the house.
    The mosquito finally said, "Look. You punished yourself harshly while attempting to kill me. Instead, you should have clothed yourself properly to save your body from my sting."

Moral : Never go after insignificant pursuits. Instead take precautions to keep the tiny irritations at bay.

Story 3:

A youth approached a Jeweler for a job. The Jeweler took the youngster to a hill nearby and spread a gunny sheet and advised the youngster to lie on the sheet. As soon as the youngster squatted on it the Jeweler packed the youngster. A giant monster eagle took the sack along with the youngster to the top of the hill. The youngster freed himself from the sack and looked down. The Jeweler shouted at the young man, "Throw the gems and precious stones lying there around, to me." The youngster did as told. The Jeweler started leaving the place after collecting the gems. The youngster shouted, "Master! How do I come down".
    The Jeweler shouted back, "Be there. You will know how to come". The youth waited. There was no sign of help.There were many bones and skeletons scattered around. The youngster understood his destiny and how the jeweler killed others who came to him for job.
    The giant monster eagle flew back again to the youngster to have him for its food. The youngster smartly clung to the eagle's feet and the bird dropped the weighty youngster on the plains below. The youth went to the Jeweler again for job. The Jeweler asked the youth how he came back. The youth said, "There are many more precious gems atop the hill and we should go and collect them. You collect the gems by yourself this time and I shall tell you how to come back." Both went. This time the Jeweler squatted on the sack and was packed. The monster eagle took him to the hill top. The Jeweler freed himself and asked the young man, " I collected the gems, Tell me how to come back." The youth said, 'Wait. The eagle would bring you down." .This time the eagle did not want to lose its prey. It pierced into the Jeweler's flesh." The youth owned the Jeweler's shop forever.

Moral : Know the tricks of your trade fully. Otherwise, you may fall into the pit you dug.

4. mathangikkumar

[FONT=trebuchet ms, sans-serif]Our aim in life should be 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
    [FONT=trebuchet ms, sans-serif]
    9 glass drinking water.
    8 hours sound sleep.
    7 wonders tour with family.
    6 six digit income.
    5 days work a week.
    4 wheeler.
    3 bedroom flat.
    2 cute children.
    1 sweetheart.
    0 tension...!!
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=trebuchet ms, sans-serif]'''''''''''''''''If you expect the world to be fair with you
    Because
    You are fair with them,

It is like expecting a lion not to eat you
    Because
    You don't eat lion...!!:)
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=trebuchet ms, sans-serif]'''''''''''''''''''[/FONT]

5. mathangikkumar

THE SNEEZE

They walked in tandem, each of the ninety-two students filing into the already crowded auditorium. With their rich maroon gowns flowing and the traditional caps, they looked almost as grown up as they felt.

Dads swallowed hard behind broad smiles, and Moms freely brushed away tears.

This class would NOT pray during the commencements, not by choice, but because of a recent court ruling prohibiting it.

The principal and several students were careful to stay within the guidelines allowed by the ruling. They gave inspirational and challenging speeches, but no one mentioned divine guidance and no one asked for blessings on the graduates or their families.

The speeches were nice, but they were routine until the final speech received a standing ovation.

A solitary student walked proudly to the microphone. He stood still and silent for just a moment, and then, it happened.

All 92 students, every single one of them, suddenly SNEEZED !!!!

The student on stage simply looked at the audience and said,

'GOD BLESS YOU'

And he walked off the stage...

The audience exploded into applause. This graduating class had found a unique way to invoke God's blessing on their future with or without the court's approval.

Isn't this a wonderful story? Pass it on to all your friends.........and

GOD BLESS YOU!!!!

6. mathangikkumar

The Daughter

“The Best Lines ever said by a Man....."

When I was born, A Woman was there to hold me...
    My Mother

As I grew up as a child, A woman was there to care play with me...
    My Sister

I went to school, A Woman was there to Help me Learn...
    My Teacher

I needed Compatibility, Company Love, A Woman was there for me...
    My Wife

I became tough, A Woman was there to melt me...
    My Daughter

When I will die, A Woman will be there to absorb me in...
    Motherland

If you are a Man, Value Every Woman...

If you are a Woman, Feel Proud to be one

Your little girl will hold your hand for only a little while...
    but will hold your heart for a life time.

It's DAUGHTER'S WEEK,

if you have a daughter who makes your life worth living by just being around –
    and you love her as much as your own Breath ...
    if you are proud of your Daughter,
    copy and paste this to other people with daughters as I just did...
    Daughters are angels.