1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Good Restaurants in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by Aarushi, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Hi all,

Has anybody visited a good Mediterranean Resturant?

2. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

I recently went to Byblos in Alpharetta for my mediterranean fix...the lunch buffet was good and the food was quite tasty.

Here's their website..

Byblos Restaurant Lebanese Food

I also like Cafe Efendi (also in alpharetta). The food is good and the staff friendly. It is an old converted house I think so decor is not much to look at, but it is always crowded during lunch time and my office people often go there . I love their falafel wrap sandwich and hummus. Their website is - http://www.cafeefendi.com/.

Hope this helps!:)

3. akshu

akshu New IL'ite

hi all..

i like mirch masala the best. for any paneer dishes you guys need to check out mirch masala.. i guess that is the best for the north indian food..

and dosas or idlis, i guess madras saravana bhavan is good.. udipi palace is okay, but madras saravana bhavan is good..

and yes off course as arushi said minerva is good for buffet..

and swapna is good for biryanis.. mmmmm..

gokul sweets for chats and sweets and kulfis..

now i am feeling really hungry and will have to go to one of these restaurents for a nice treat.. :)

4. Varshak

Varshak New IL'ite

Hey everyone

There are few of my favorite eating places in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Atlanta</st1:place></st1:City>.

• For my sugar/dessert fix I love to pick up something from Southern Sweets Bakery near Dekalb farmers market on 186 Rio Cir, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">decatur</st1:place></st1:City>. They have vegan desserts (egg less) which are to die for and my favorite is Chocolate Raspberry Mousse cake. They also have all kinds of pies, cakes and cookies. http://southernsweets.com/home.asp

• For <st1:country-region w:st="on">India</st1:country-region> pastries try Hot breads near North Dekalb mall and they have a very good pineapple pastry which reminds me of <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region>. <st1:address w:st="on"><st1:Street w:st="on">1076 Oaktree Road</st1:Street>, <st1:City w:st="on">Decatur</st1:City></st1:address>.

• For a good weekday or weekend buffet try Café Bombay on <st1:place w:st="on">North Durid</st1:place> hills.

• If you want to try authentic Middle Eastern fare try Leon International Foods and bakery on Pleasant dale road. It is small bakery, but they have really good baklava, falafel wraps and all kinds of dips and pita bread…all made fresh at the bakery. http://leon-intl.com/

• If you want to try Vietnamese fusion, I would recommend Co’m Vietnamese grill on <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Buford Hwy.</st1:address></st1:Street> But I would not recommend this place to vegetarians as there is not much choice. http://www.comgrill.com/

Varsha

5. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

Akshu: I'll definitely try Swapna one of these days. Even Manju was saying it is good.

Varsha: The bakeries are too tempting and so are your descriptions *yum yum*..I'm going to try the Leon place next..thx for the info...:)

love,
    Aarushi

6. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Varsha - I am also tempted to visit all those sweet-bee shops. :drool

7. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

One place i'd like to add is "Amma Kitchen" . I found this the best in taste. It started as a small place but has recently been expanded. It has lunch buffet for a very minimal cost and excellent taste. Try it out. Its in cumming street, Alpharetta .

8. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Couple of years back we had excellent gurarati unlimited home made food from Vatica Indian restaurent. I think its in Marietta.

It is run by a Gujarati couple and food was awesome and i will definetely meet them during my next visit.

9. Subba

Subba New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

I like krishnavilas restaurant in global mall. There is a new restaurant called Priya on jones bridge road.I like the food there its very tasty.

Subba

10. samayal

samayal Silver IL'ite

Subba,

I have heard about krishnavilas but did not have a chance to eat their famous upma dosai, pesarratu and carrot halwa. I think its run by MIL and DIL.