1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Good Reasonable Apartments in Cupertino/Fremont - good elementary school ratings too

Discussion in 'Housing in Bay Area' started by Ambuja, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Ambuja

Ambuja New IL'ite

Hi,

I am looking for an good and reasonable apartment around 1400$ rent for 1 bed in cupertino/sunnyvale/fremont which has a good elementary school rating.
    can anyone help me out with few pointers.

thanks
    Ambuja

2. minu

minu New IL'ite

Re: Good Reasonable Apartements in Cupertino/fremont(shld have good elementary school

Hi Ambuja,
    I stay in Brookdale apts in San Jose.It comes under Cupertino school District area where elementary Schools are very good .My home school is Eisen hower.The apts are spacious and well maintained and the rent is about 1400-1500 $ -1br.The next Apt building is of Park Kelly (Archstone apts peviously ) and has a lot of Indian Families with the same rent .
    Cheers,
    Minu

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  3. DaddyCool

DaddyCool New IL'ite

Re: Good Reasonable Apartements in Cupertino/fremont(shld have good elementary school

Ambuja,

Cupertino rents are set by the schools in the school district. If the school's API score is higher then the apartment rents in that school area will be higher. For $1400 you cannot get 1 BR / 1 BA apartment in Cupertino. If you do find an apartment in that range, then the school must be at the bottom of the API table. Fremont is a better option.

Cupertino Union School District - CUSD Street Locator will tell you the schools your kids will be going for a given address.

API Reports - Academic Performance Index (CA Dept of Education) - lists the API score of the schools

Good luck.

4. Malyatha

Malyatha Gold IL'ite

Ambuja,

One way to find the school district pertaining to a particular address is to go

Great Schools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

From there, follow directions to find the district that your potential apartment would fall under. Good luck! I wish we could have Cupertino SD for our daughter, but we have SJUSD and it's OK for the elementary years.

5. rohinijp

rohinijp New IL'ite

Hi Minu,
    Are you still living in Brookdale apts? We have two small kids - elder one is close to 3 and the younger one is 1. I want to know whether Brookdale has a great environment for kids to play? I just heard from the apt manager that there is not dedicated play structure in Brookdale.

Thanks a lot for your help!
    Rohini

6. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Re: Good Reasonable Apartments in Cupertino/Fremont - good elementary school ratings

try Oakridge Luxury Apartments very good elementary schools