1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Good Malayalam Movie?????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by jothi, Feb 16, 2007.

1. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Hello Fellow Keralites,

It has been such a long time since I have seen a good malayalam movie. My husband and I are ardent fans of Mammooty, Mohanlal, Dileep, and ofcourse Prithiviraj....
    I was hoping to get a review from you ladies for some recent movies like Palunku, Baba Kalyani, chakaramuthu and vasthavam. Couple of these movies are going to be filmed in NY and I would like to go and see atleast one of them. So any of you ladies who have already seen these movies, love to hear your reviews on these.. and may be even other new releases..

thanks in advance,
    Jothi.

2. adi005

adi005 New IL'ite

hi ,

good to know someone who enjoys malayalam movies like i do i hve heard from my sister that vasthavam n baba kalyani are very good movies. my sister gave a big thumbs up for this movie. verry good performance by laletan n prithvi... i am going to see one of these movies soon
    :yes:

so do enjoy these movies....

bye for now
    adi

3. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

I am also interested in knowing about some good Malayalam movies.(Infact most of them are good,isn't it?:wink: )

I have got Surya TV connection here just to see Malayalam movies,since I am fed up with Sun TV.

4. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Hi adi,

Welcome to IL. I am glad that you enjoy malayalam movies too.
    Thanks for the info on the movies. I might see one of these.
    The last movie that I saw of Lalettan was Thanmatra. It was a beautiful and well acted movie. He has done an incredible job. I have not seen many Prithvi movies but I like his acting. I liked him in Nandanam, another good movie...

BTW, where are u in the US.

Regards,
    Jothi.

5. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Hi Sunitha,

I tried to get surya but couldn't , something about the area that I live in they were not getting the satellite connection. But I do have suntv, which is boring these days. I am fed up with it too.
    Nothing much to see in it.
    Glad to know that u like mallu movies too.

Jothi.

6. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jyothi

I too like Malayalam movies very much. But I do not have any updates about the recent Mallu movies. I would also love to watch some good mallu movies. The last one I saw was Uthayananu tharam and Achuvinte amma.

Do u know any good websites for downloading malayalam movies?

Regards
    Priya

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai,
    Classmates also got good reviews. I too am a movie buff but now has no time to watch them. During Onam and other festivals, the Mallu channels give an overdose of good movies. I make it a point to watch them. I watched Achuvinte Amma when it was telecast, but towards the end, I could not watch it. So do not know what happened after Meera is admitted in hospital. I shall let you know about the reviews too.

8. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Hi Varloo, Priya,

Nice to know that there are so many mallu movie buffs like me. I somehow missed watching Achuvinte Amma. I have to look for it see if I find a dvd. The problem is mallu movies are not released into dvds as much as tamil or other lang movies. So we dont get that many movies.
    let us keep this thread alive and update each other of the movies we watch.
    Priya I dont know of any downloadable website for movies. let you know if I come across one..
    Enjoy the movies..
    Jothi.

9. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

Hi Jyothi

Thanks for ur immediate reply. As u mentioned, even I have not seen much mallu dvd's here. I do not have much updates abt the mallu releases since I do not have malaylam channels at home. If I come accross any websites for movie downloads, I shall post it.

Love
    Priya

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Mallu movies being discussed and I did not know it? That too Laalettan?

I download from desitorrents. Is okay.

BTW, does any movie anywhere ever equal 'Amritam Gamaya'? Anyone here watched it? Is an ancient one though.

sasneham
    Vidya