1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Good In Laws : for a change!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by jooti, Nov 6, 2007.

1. jooti

jooti New IL'ite

hi LAdies i have a thought for you dils' with great mils/ils, Wow! i just can;t imagine what that would be like! i can honestly say that i would love to experience that even for one day. my il's don;t have any good feelings for me, they constantly make me and my hub argue. my sil calls my husb on his cell phone, ask him to come for dinner, she doesn;t ask me, yet i am expected to go and help, i don;t understand why. :eek:mg:.
    in my family i am the only one with this many probs, all my cousins etc. are happy, i don;t know why! any thoughts?
    jooti

2. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Re: those with good mil's

Hi Jooti,
    Touch wood, I am blessed with good In-laws, talking about only my hubby's parents, siblings and some of his relatives. Neither they are interfering nor they ever wanted me and my hubby to quarrel. They always mind their own business. Always cared for me though sometimes I become too stressed out on them........
    You won't believe that, I usually face more stress with my relatives (other than my parents and siblings) than his.
    Whenever I read our ILites telling their In-Laws problems I used to wonder that how could these type of creatures are found in earth.
    Praying to God to gove everybody good relatives/In-Laws.
    Amen !!!!!!!!!!!
    Regards.

3. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

Touchwood i got a very good MIL, she lov me lods... recently she was shopping for some saris fr christmas for since i'll be visiting her... my sil always gets jelous... but i always feel proud abt my mil... so does my hubby he is a gem, he always spoiles me a lot...:cool2: ya sometimes i do take him fr granted,but after i joined the site.. i realised that not all husbands n ILs are like mine.. so i started to mend my ways a bit:oops: so embarssed to say that.

I wish every one gets go ils and hubby's.... every women deserves it.

4. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

I am with Meeta here - my MIL and SIL are awesome - I have been married for over 20 yrs and not once have I heard a bad thing about me - my MIL is always praising me to my relatives!! When I read about some MIL horror stories - I wonder who are these people - why is it so difficult for them to be nice - I dont get it!! My SIL is more like a sister to me - we are good friends too - I talk to them more than my husband does - he is not much of a talker - you know like most guys - get to the point and that is it - me, I like to chit chat and we love doing that! I am so thankful that I dont have MIL problems - I count my blessings every day!

5. sivpoorna

sivpoorna New IL'ite

my in laws looking me like their daughter

hi friends,my father in law....mother in law did not have daughters......so they are looking me like their daughter.......i really thanks to god always......they are very nice with me always.....and they said to others she is my first daughter.

6. jigyasa

jigyasa New IL'ite

Happy Diwali everyone!

I wish I had a nice MIL too :) My MIL is very bossy and thinks she is always right and never admit even if she is wrong. So if you do not agree with anything she says, she will keep arguing and then get upset with you... my poor FIL, who is such a sweet man, has to suffer quite a bit bcoz of this behavior and there is usually stress in the family because of that.... and when two of us are left alone, I have to be very careful around her so as not to upset her and i end up doing most of the things she says, otherwise my hubby will get upset with me later when she complains! :-( I sometimes wonder why can't she just relax?!! oh well...that is just a dream ...:)

7. kasisheela

kasisheela Silver IL'ite

Hi ILites,
    Am too with Meeta and Shobhana.I luv my In-laws and my sister-in-law is my best friend.Like shobana said i used to talk more with all his relatives than he does.For diwali it will be a grand celebration in my inlaws home.The whole family of my Father-in-law celebrates together in coimbatore.Last year was my Thalai diwali an i had the blessing of spending that with my inlaws family.It was the most memorable diwali of my life and this year being here in US i missed everything a lot.

My inlaws shower love on me and treat me like their daughter.I learned a lot from my MIL in this one year and miss her a lot too after coming here.

I thank god each and every day for making me as part of such a nice family.

Regards,
    Shantha Kasiarunachalam/:

8. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends
    Like some of my friends said I too have wonderful mother in law.Though there has been very very occasional differences I have wonderful people on my in laws side.My mother in law was the first to take hold of the reigns of my household when I was in Abudhabi when my husband had his attack.She was also supportive to my family when my father passed away.My brothers in law.sister in law and co sisters are all very understanding.They were really supportive when my husband was recuperating in India.Now I am back in Abudhabi taking care of my husband as my mother in law is taking of the children in Chennai.There have been many things which I have shared with my mother in law more than my mother.She never forgets my bithdays or our wedding anniversaries.She has even stitched falls for my sarees!I can proudly say that she is more than mother than to me............

9. Mihika

Mihika New IL'ite

just a question!!

:hiyaI have been reading lots of threads on good vs bad inlaws... One thing that strikes me is that most of the people singing praises of thier ils actually dont stay with their ils at least thats what i infer from their location. Is there anyone here who has stayed with their inlaws for a long period of time at least more than 7 years & still think that their inlaws is the best in the world? This will give me a lot of hope in this joint family culture.:thankyou2:

10. dipti255503

dipti255503 New IL'ite

Hi,there, happy belated Diwali wishes yo all. Cngrats to Meeta, Shobana n Rose 4 having good in laws,though it's hard to believe. I had bad exprience with my in laws while i was staying with them.