Good Gyno in Velachery, Chennai

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Kootagirl, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Kootagirl

Kootagirl Silver IL'ite

Can any one plz suggest good gynecologist in or around Velachery, Chennai?

2. Kootagirl

Kootagirl Silver IL'ite

Nandhini Hospital in Velachery

Hello Ladies,

can anyone suggest how is Nandhini Hospital in Velachery? I am TTC from past one year... is this hospital worth consulting? Plzzzzzzzz suggest..........

3. soumikrish

soumikrish New IL'ite

Hi,

I would definitely recommend nandhini hospital in velachery. Dr. Bhagyalakshmi is a very famous doctor and proved lucky for most of the patients.

Two of my friends delivered there and i too had consulted the doc during my pregnancy when i had been to chennai for a 2 month vacation.

Thanks,
    sk

4. vandanasr

vandanasr New IL'ite

Most people who get admitted for delivery in nandini hospital (Dr Bhagyalakshmi) go through a c-section for some reason or the other. The rooms to stay after delivery are too small, overly priced and absolutely substandard. After c-section, I was given a cot with a dent in it. It was excruciating to turn from one side to the other after a major surgery, in a cot with dent. No physiotherapist visited and not even a nurse helped to get me up from the bed. Even the bed did not have a raisable head which is given to patients who underwent surgery. Was not asked to give colostrum after birth and nurses insisted on giving lactogen instead. Babies were bathed from day 1 (they did not wait for umblical cord to fall) and slathered with baby powder. Everything was outdated and against current paediatric recommendation. Paediatrician visited only when baby was born. No visit after that and baby was not even weighed after that. We were advised to let baby sleep on his side, as against the current recommendation to sleep on back. No vaccination was given to baby. The first vaccination was started only on day 9 when I went to remove sutures. Even the regular doctor appointments were handled so clumsily and we were made to wait a lot. Choosing this hospital for labour is one of the biggest misjudgements I have made in life. Please, stay off.

5. Nancy2712

Nancy2712 Bronze IL'ite

Nandhini hospital is good for consultation.... i have visited there thrice to treat PCOS... Doctor was really good.... Waiting is the big problem but if you have made an appointment earlier then you might not wait... I would suggest you the hospital for consultations and treatments... But as Vandana said the ambience is not so good... Nurses are also very harsh... You cannot expect the place to be clean...

kavithabksamy likes this.