1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Good Bye Sheldon.

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Manjureddy, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Good bye Sidney Sheldon. Thank you for the good times. Your books, though slammed,by serious lierary critics, as candy-floss, gave hours of reading pleasure for millions, making you the Guiness Record holder for the most translated author.
    You were King "Pager-Turner", The Monarch of "Un-put-downables".

The most endearing thing about your books was the feminism infused in them. Your women are strong , self respecting achievers, hence my heroes.

Having Told us Your Dreams, you have crossed over to The Otherside of Midnight as Nothing Lasts Forever. Your books, your Stars will always Keep Shining Down, let any number of Tomorrows Come . May the Angels, without Rage, help you rest in peace.

Manjula

2. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

Thats a great piece of tribute Manju. All I can add is 'Amen'

Regards
    Ambika

3. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

A good tribute to a legend who started writing in his 50s and became world famous.

May his soul rest in peace.

Varudhini

4. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

A well written tribute to Sheldon Manju. Another good author laid to rest.

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Shelden,
    Good bye and may your soul rest in peace.

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

That was a great tribute, Manjula!

Sheldon first appeared to me as the Stranger in the Mirror. But very soon I realised that he is the Master of The Game and he always had Best Laid Plans for us, his ardent fans. But the Sands of Time took their toll. And Sheldon is no more with us.
    But Sheldon one of your titles is wrong. You said Nothing Lasts For Ever. But your words, your books, will last for ever. And you will for ever live in our minds.

And if I had the power to introduce a word in the Dictionary I would add, "Sheldonistic" to describe that a book is unputdownable.

Sheldon, may you rest in peace for all Mornings, Noons and Nights to come.

sridhar

Manjula, I love your poetic homage to my favourite author. And honestly mine was inspired by and is a poor imitation of yours.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  7. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I came to know of the demise of my most favourite author only after few days of his passing...I was seriously shocked and upset to hear the news...

To think the great legend is no more to give us another wonderful book from his side, is so indigestible. Though Sheldon is too old at age, I was still hoping I would see his next release sooner or later.

The Writing fraternity has lost a great legend...I still recall how much of an impact his books like "Sands of Time", "BloodLine" had on me...Sidney somewhere had been my inspiration to ignite my interest on reading and writing.

My prayers to god for his soul to rest in peace..I will miss him and his great writings which died along with him forever...

Manju, I appreciate your thought of posting your tribute to Sidney on this site. I am very much moved.

Regards,
    Preethi

8. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Manju,
    Your tribute to dear Sheldon is very catchy.
    He has enthralled us with all his works.His books have inspired me to read many more.All of them have been page turners with the language kept simple.He is one of a kind.Bloodline is my all time favourite of Sheldon books.
    :cheers

Geevee

9. MightyMom

MightyMom New IL'ite

Beautifully written, Manju....