1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

good apartments in santa clara,or sunnyvale

Discussion in 'Housing in Bay Area' started by mehekrao, May 24, 2009.

1. mehekrao

mehekrao New IL'ite

Finally my apartment search ended,and now I'm typing from my current new home...Thanks a lot gals for giving me ur valuable inputs..I did luk at elan,mansion groove,bella vista,avalon,meadows n many more...I liked Elan the best..But the one which they were offering us,I didnt like its location much.So had to give up Elan.I liked "Meadows " next..First even Meadows I didnt like one particular plan of apartment which they were offering us,but luckily after a week,another floor plan came up,n luckily I like this plan a lot.So now I choose "Meadows"..I'm really happy with Meadows.Its really very nice..They have a big playground,walkable distance 4m our partment.Evrything abt this place is good ,But just for the ppl,most of them are unfreindly..

so anybody staying in meadows , macara gardens,windemere,or corte del mar,we can meet up and be friends,what say?anybody near here?

2. quizzer

quizzer New IL'ite

I thought you were also interested in good pre-schools? The only grey area in sunnyvale is most of the areas come under average school district. Some parts of sunnyvale come under cupertino school district which have excellent public schools.

3. mehekrao

mehekrao New IL'ite

oh yes,even I'm intrested to get more info on good pre schools...Since my lil one is just 2,I wud put her to a playschool or pre school..so any suggestions for gud preschool near sunnyvale?

4. quizzer

quizzer New IL'ite

I have heard good reviews about Rainbow montessori, kinder care and CCLC in Sunnyvale.

5. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

My daughter goes to Rainbow and now moved to first grade. I can swear by the school but you need to opt for the right class room and teacher. They register during Jan/Feb for that year.

Stratford is pretty good, balancing academics and activities.

CCLC is another one but has a huge wait-list.

Kindercare - there are 2 branches. Don't go to the one that was prodigy before. Couple of my friend's pulled out their kids due to the teachers' behaviors.

Other than that you have Wilson Parent parcipation preschool (heard very good about it). Its a good option if you are a stay-home mom.

If you don't work then you can opt for the city's preschool program or one of the preschool program or parent-participation program. There are lot of good ones out there.

-Uma

1 person likes this.
  6. quizzer

quizzer New IL'ite

Re: good apartments in santa clara,or sunnyvale or cupertino

I saw 2 apartments complex closer to stevens creek blvd. Glenbrook and Villages in cupertino.

Can anybody give an opinion about either? Which is better?

Thanks

7. mehekrao

mehekrao New IL'ite

thanks advitha and quizzer for your valuable inputs about preschool...So now I have to wait till jan,for my daughters admission to "Rainbow"..Rainbow seems to be a good preschool..

8. asha s

asha s New IL'ite

hi mehek,

i too have moved to meadows a week ago. i found the place quite good compared to the other ones around. we can meet sometime. i managed to make quite a few friends at encinal park to which my 3 yr old and i go every evening.
    right now i am really confused about the choice of preschool. i don't drive at the moment and am not able to find something which is at walkable distance

9. srmommy

srmommy New IL'ite

Which classroom (at Rainbow Montessori) would you recommend for 1st grade?

10. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

I am looking for a new apartment (min 2 bed room & preferably 2 bath) in the Eisenhower Home School area in Cupertino/Santa Clara. Any recommendations?
    Thanks in advance....