1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

good apartments in santa clara,or sunnyvale

Discussion in 'Housing in Bay Area' started by mehekrao, May 24, 2009.

1. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

elan apts are in the area called river oaks. avalon also has a complex here called avalon at river oaks.

the school district for all these is just ok, nothign great. the best preschool close by is one world montessori, which is about a 10 minute drive from elan and maybe 5-7 minute drive from mansion grove area.

2. Happysoul1234

there is an elementary school right across the street from mansion grove.
    btw mansion grove and elan are abt 5 minute drive from each other!

safety in elan is very good. I've left my car accidently unlocked on many occasions and it's been safe. there have been incidents of cars being broken into but they have beefed up security since. and the apartments themselves require key access so outsiders find it hard to get in without knowing someone living there. in elan the current specials are around 1800 for 2 bedroom with w/d. square footage is around 1100 which is about 100 square feet larger than mansion grove.

3. sunita04

sunita04 New IL'ite

There is a Don Colejan preschool and elementary school right across the streets, which has got good reputaton. My son is 2.5 yrs old and I wanted him to enrol in some school where there is no wait listing going on, so couldnt select this preschool as there is a waiting going on and I selected Elan esprit in milpitas. Today is my son's first preschool day. Its 10-15 mins drive, so no issues. Many others from the same complex are sending their kids to this school so my son is getting the same friends in school n complex.

Regards,
    Sunita

4. mehekrao

mehekrao New IL'ite

thankyou pmahensa and sunitha...
    can you tell me,how far is Yahoo,santa clara office from elan and mansion groove?

5. Happysoul1234

not too far maybe 10 minute drive from mansion grove and 15 minutes from elan

6. Kamalivel

Kamalivel New IL'ite

I just recently signed my lease in Elan .The rent is 1775 for 2 bedroom.
    with washer and drier.They also give a 1500 credit and 3 month free electricity....I think it is pretty good but will know only after I move there.
    About play school I am also looking for something for my daughter.I am also a new member in Indus ladies and also new to san jose (just 4 weeks before we moved.)Next week we are moving to Elan....You can give it a try.

7. shubi2008

shubi2008 New IL'ite

Look for Alderwood in Santa clara, has washer/dryer, we moved in feb this year and got a good deal . There is a central park close by and offcourse a preschool.

8. mehekrao

mehekrao New IL'ite

thanks shubi,kamala n evryone for responding to my query...My apartment hunt is still going on..By july1st week,I'll be coming to bayarea,and look for apartments...
    @ shubi--howsz alderwood?whats the current rent?howsz the safety n parking feature?
    @kamala-by now u wud have had shifted to elan,so how r u finding it?I'm sure to visit elan for apartment hunt session.
    I have one more query,or say,I want help from u ppl..can u tell me how is Avalon parkside and shadow brook apartments?They r situated in sunnyvale...Can anybody give me reviews abt these 2 apartments?

9. quizzer

quizzer New IL'ite

Can somebody recommend good apartments in sunnyvale/cupertino which comes under good schools?

Thanks

10. quizzer

quizzer New IL'ite

Did you find an apartment yet? Let me know how you feel overall and pre-school in particular?

Thanks