1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Going Out in Style

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Going Out in Style

Laloo Prasad Yadav, today was critisised in the papers, for making good profits for the Railways,but endangering the lives of the passengers.He allows overloading of Wagons,which being heavy,put pressures on the tracks,putting cracks in them.

this is the problem of this country.If anyone brings in any changes, postive or negative,someone will critizise.Laloo for the first time in the history of the Railways,has brought in profits and huge ones,without laying off people,as the Americans do.this in itself is a great feat,which the foreigners cant do,and this illerate from Bihar has doneNo wonder he keeps getting called all over the world to explain his mantras of success.

But we are a nation of cribbers.We must find fault somewhere.If the sheet is white,we will try to find one black spot somewhere,instead of appreciating the cleanliness of it.All new ideas are shunned,or criticized.

Today my brother received a call from Spain,informing him of the death of a friend of his,age mid forties, of a heart attack.And my brother told me about the death and crematoriums over there in Spain where he stayed for 2 years,and went to a few funerals.He says as follows

1) The Crematorium - It is well landscaped with beautiful gardens,with chairs in the middle,where u can sit and drink beer while the body burns,and eat burgers and pizzas.the wait is pleasant.They have food courts,flower shops,and shopping arcades.the whole ambience is pleasant,making u feel u are in a mall.

2) The body - is brought in an Air conditioned limousine,so that the dead person is at ease.He is dressed in a full suit,and tie,with Shoes on,well polished,and make up on his face.the body is kept in a glass room,whereby all the mourners can have a last look at him.The Deceased looks as though he is going for a party,suited and booted,litrally.And here they remove yr clothes and put just a sheet over you.Sad.

3) Timings of Burning - The Spanish Govt made the timing of burning till 12 afternoon. If the body is late, then cremate the person the next day. The Indians,Specially Sindhis,got the time changed to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:time Hour="14" Minute="0">2 pm</st1:time>,as their lunch break starts from 1 to 3,and they wont have to miss their work when they go to the crematorium.

So it is a pleasure to go to a crematoium in Spain.And look at India.The deceased goes in an non airconditioned vehicle or taken by Road,and the guys who go with him,are themselves half dead when they reach there.then putting the wood, and waiting for the body to burn is not a very pleasant sight.

Why cant we have good crematoriums here like Spain.Some Air conditioned Veg Restaurants,cyber cafe's,book shops,Air conditioned waiting rooms,pepsi and coke kiosks,along with Coffee and Tea Machines.So the snacks and soft drinks are on the family of the deceased,why should they not pay for that.It is not a pleasant occassion to go to the crematorium,and it is their job to make the guests comfortable.Give each guy a prepaid voucher, and there will be many people at the crematorium.Since generally the body is lifted in the morning here, people just have a cup of tea and go without bath, all hungry and waiting to return home.So if they have snacks and coffee on the house in AC Comforts,they may remember the deceased with more love and affection.

I remember a case that happened a few years ago.People were carrying a Dead Body to the crematorium by road, singing “ Ram Naam Sat Hai “, when the guys behind heard a commotion and looked back.Seems two huge Bulls were fighting and charging towards these people.The back guys ran away, and just the 4 guys carrying the body remained.Even they wondered why the Chanting has stopped, and turned back to look, and to their horror, found the bulls charging.they just dropped the body and ran for their lives.

Besides stopping the traffic, and the heat, and with these dangers all around, dosnt it make sense to take an AC Hearse, and take the deceased in the AC comfort on hislast leg of his life’s journey, and also spare the others accompanying from the torture.I sure would like to go in AC, in Style.

It just donst make sense to burn in the heat,like the corpse on the pyre.After all, we are living,and he is not.And in the Air condtioned waiting room, i would remove the old sign
    " Today is his number , tommorrow could be yours ( scary things to read) and replace it with

" Today he is dead and burning, But u are alive and living.Enjoy our Air conditioned ambience and comforts,and snacks,while u are alive."

Live while you are alive.Amen

.KAMAL MAHTANI

( A Repost with some additions and subtractions. This got 2 hits then, when I was new at <st1:place>Indus</st1:place>)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

haha good one kamalji....so now one more thing to take care of and that too after death...to make sure i die in SPAIN?...but i doubt u will ever get all the comforts u mentioned in an indian crematorium because death by itself is taken as a very serious thing and so many religious activities associated with it...it would be considered a sin to even demand such things in a crematorium...anyway i agree with you life is for the living....but the going person has to go in style...is there really a sign that says tomorrow is your number......i am sure that is your own joke,no?Big LaughBig Laugh

Mindi

3. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamaljii

As usual you have written Well !! and all the informations about Spain Crematorium was very new to me.. And also seems to be good....

Well said Kamal jii

" Today he is dead and burning, But u are alive and living.Enjoy our Air conditioned ambience and comforts,and snacks,while u are alive."

Many people..save money without spending a penny for them...They dont enjoy the basic things in life..they save and die thats all they do...

Live while you are alive.......Kudos to these Words !! BowBow

The needed one for the hour really !!
    Thanx for the wonderful Post !!

4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji, why only veg restaurants and why not non-veg restaurants too? That would be more appropriate reminding you of the transience of life. You'll remember that the sheep/chicken/fish you were eating was alive and frolicking in a grassland/water few days ago and now it is making its way into your stomach! And to drive away the blues of the loss of a dear one, the crematorium must have a well- stocked bar too! .

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

Since ladies don’t go to crematoriums, so this is new for u.Yes every crematorium has these words on the walls.Scary really.

But even there I have seen people talk business, while they put the body to burn.We have all sorts of people really.

And it is so hot and terrible, gloomy atmosphere, and I have thought for many years, that the crematorium should be a comfortable place.

Look at our Bus Stands and Railway Stations, are they any better than Crematoriums ?If a train is late it is hell, no place to sit even.

Laloo has made some progress at the Stations, but a lot more needs to be done , there and at the crematoriums.

Thanks for yr comments.Reagrds.kamal

6. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Is this a Danny Pinto hangover?? smashan mein Aish eh? Spooky though!!

Good post Kamalji. I enjoyed it!

Remembered Jon Bon Jovi's : Its my life , now or never,I aint gonna live forever , I just wanna live when Im alive!!:))

Regards,
    Devika

7. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

When i read the title i was thinking of something else and here you go again.

IN Jamnagar the crematorium is also swanky compared to the crude ones that we have around. And one in Pune too at Yerawda.

Swanky in the sense they have a garden and some good slogans etc. though no AC waiting room. In jamnagar they also take visitors to see their crematoriums. They are proud of it and show it off.

If we have like the ones that you have described then i am sure in a short span of time they will turn into a picnic spot:hide:

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Brindha,

Glad u liked my light hearted post.

The tragedy is , most people are so misers, that the pandits enjoy their money after they die, who have to be fed goodies, and given lots of cash.

Why not live like a king, and go to the crematorium like a prince ?

Thanks and Regards.kamal

9. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamal Uncle,

:wow:wow:wowSimply superb!!!

:hatsoff 2 UR HUMOROUS NARRATION!!

:rotfl:rotflI´m helpless,can anyone please lift me upBig Laugh

Every line is :cool2:...

Being Indians we give lot of respect to our Passed ones,so we cannot expect a luxury at the graveyard....So we respect them by being fasting..

I think you scare for going to cremationHarhar

As you said the dead one´s family should provide the food and comfort for the people who visit,,PEOPLE SHOULD SAVE MONEY similiar to saving money for girl´s marriage..

Last lines are awesome...I locked them in my brainBow

Hugs,
    dg..

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

Good suggestions no doubt, but veg and coffee could be the first step, and when fully accepted, then yrs the second.HAHA.Fogetting the grief by downing the drinks eh!

Regards.kamal