1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gods For Sale

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji
    It is nice to know you have started a new business selling Gods.............
    My God I really had a good laugh it is just superb
    .As long as they remain in the showroom they are like a statue, but the minute they come into our houses,they become Gods, the all powerful to whom we pray for our wishes to be granted.Just imagine buying a God for 5000/- and then asking 5 crore worth of wishes from him or her ! I just laugh at my cousins from overseas,they have pooja rooms there, and want to fit in a new God.Maybe the old Gods have become deaf i suppsoe.Even Gods age with time, and maybe losing their hearing.After all this is Kaljug.
    these lines are great..............
    Wow beautiful statues , good craftmen ship, the statues are really awesome............
    Your wife too looks good............
    And the last one poor statue is always there in the rain and in the heat????????????

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Aruna,

Thanks for yr nice words.I don’t sell marble Gods.I just take my cousins to the shops to buy.I sell ladies garments which we export abroad.

I observe life, and I find so much irony.what is a statue for the shopkeeper, becomes a God for us ? I believe in God, yes,but not statues and temples.No rituals for me.But then each to their own,Aruna.

Yes the statues are very beautiful and pretty,well crafted.And they are only made in Jaipur, no where else.And it is a huge market.

And yes the last one is kept in the rains and the cold for so many years I have seen this one.Ironical , isn’t it ?

Regards.kamal

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Veda,

I just forgot when i made my bunglow 20 yrs back.I dont sell gods.i just take guests to the area and they buy.HAHA.

How can i sell gods.I am a small person, you see.Come over to jaipur and i will take u and shanti around.Be my guest.Regards.kamal

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Madhu,

Thanks for the appreciation.Regards.kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Chitra,

Welcome to jaipur. I will take u there to the statue street not to worry.You buy such a god that will give u wishes of 10000000000000 crores,is that fine with u ?HAHA.Thanks for the kind words.Regards.kamal

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

kamalji
    mujhe paise aur rupee nahin chaheye
    mujhe peace of mind or more prayers chaheye
    eh vasee milsakthe?

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice one Kamalji with the pictures to back it up!

Nice marble statues and Gods.
    Regarding the statues 'in state' for many years, it reminded me of a joke.

One pundit was very good enough to read about a person's past, present and future, looking at the things that person might have used....
    one day he saw a skull and came to know that guy has to suffer more andwas thinking how come he died? He wanted an answer and brought that skull to his home and kept secretly in a room which made his wife suspicious, went one day, found the skull and broke it.
    Seeing this, the pundit became happy thinking about his skill that this guy's suffering is over now as he is shattered into pieces, how's that?

sriniketan

8. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Chitra,

If u want peace of mind and more prayers, then u dont need a statue.You just close yr eyes and remember the lord, and he will listen to you.

Butif u want i will go ask all the statues,if which one of them can fullfill what u ask for, and if one of them says yes, i will courier to u.Is that a good deal ?:helpRegards.kamal

9. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hello kamalji
    Long back in 1985 I was much intrested in buying my wedding sarees than GOd statue & stuck up in Khajano wali gali whole day ,looking for Statue of Radha Krishna And I still rememeber that episode & laugh with my Dh abt that.
    It happens so that my wud be DH took permission of my parents to take me to Jaipur for buying my wedding sarries as he was going to Jaipur with his friend's mother & sister To buy Radha krishna to be send to US to one of their daughter there.
    And as very respectable ladies were accomapning him & as we were to return back to my home at ajmer in the evening my parents send me ,and Instead of buying sarries as I was inmagining myself surrounded by b'ful sarees Big LaughBig LaughBig Laugh ,we first went to buy Radhakrisna And It took complete day to select a statue as everybody was having their own suggestions abt ht,expressions ,cost & everything & I was utterly bored.
    It turned out that in the evening we only spend abt one hour for buying sarries.
    My DH cudn't say much to Ammaji & didi as they were elders & he had great regard for them ( we still have )but that day it was very annoying for me RantRant. When I read this write up of urs I was Once again in the same Gali buying RADHAKRISHNA.
    NICE WRITEUP.

10. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Aare kya bath hai Kamalji..aap ithne wise person mein nahin maloom tha.Bow.The statues are for decorations only..thanks for replying..:bowdown