1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Goddess Laxmi in western clothes..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Arunarc, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

My dear dear EQ, Aruna habibi,

Heartiest Congrats on your taking the Snippets Forum by storm !!:cheers
    And what a loud bang that was .....heard it all the way down here....from the mighty NILE to our Marina Beach ...shores of the great Bay of Bengal !!

Finally with the constant goading of good buddies led by our very own Sabby, you have arrived and have come to stay., dearie ....keep posting more.:thumbsup

A very endearing read that was ....loved the conversation between you and your dear Mom.......long distance phone conversation on a very important decision that was taken after mutual agreement . Surely our Goddess up in the heavens must have smiled indulgently and sent down blessings galore.
    Lovely concept of Goddess Laxmi in western clothes.....liked the way you arrived at the idea that a skirt and blouse can be accepted by HER!:thumbsup
    AS you concluded it is the thought and gesture that matters the most to the Divine,and in your sincere devotion ,you left no stone unturned to conduct the pooja as you have been doing all along.
    There was a warmth and childlike spontaneity reflected all through your post Habibi.....and therein lies the success of your piece ....it tugged at the readers heartstrings and made us wish you had not stopped when you did but continued longer!! Had a great "AT HOME " feel about it.:cheers

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sorry my dearest darling RPA:bowdown:bowdown becoz of some problem I am not able to open IL so late here for the reply. mafi mafi:)

Thank you so much for such a lovely fb.
    OMG I never knew that the strom had to pass from Nile to Bay of bengal:biglaugh
    With your encouragement and support hope to come up with something soon. When I have such lovely friends around to support me sure to be with you all again with something spicy:crazy

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aruna,

Interesting write up. When saw the title, my mind wandered away with its own imaginary stories as the page took so much time to open.:bonk

:bowdownto your determination. What is offered is not important, love & dedication with which it is made matters to God. You had that so the Goddess blessed you by showing the best outfit among the western clothes and an uninterrupted pooja.

Please come out with more such interesting snippets dear. I was very hesitant as i am not a good writer in winning a reader's heart. But making an attempt is more important than winning & moreover i motivate myself saying 'practice makes a man perfect'. Thus i am now testing the patience of our dear ILs and they are also so sweet enough that they bear with me & gives me an extra boost with their nice motivating feedbacks!! :rotfl

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  4. Arunarc

Dear Mira
    Thank you for stepping by. Nothing is in our hands, we are just the puppets in HIS hands isn't it. That is what SHE wanted this year and I was only an intermediator to offer her what She wanted.
    With the help of all the IL friends I have just made an attempt to write. I too cannot put the word well but just gave a try and this has really encouraged me a lot to give a try for the next one.

5. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

" As I am not so good writer so do bare with me. "

hi aruna,

i do not agree with the above statement of yours. because your post has been and continues to be the most popular on IL. :thumbsup so that does say something about your writing skills.

i dint stop by eariler beacause i dint know what fb to give as i'm not a religious person.

keep writing.:)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  6. Arunarc

Dear Poornima
    I better :hide: for what I wrote.
    I just gave a try and it has become a hit which I am happy for all my IL friends to give me such lovely support for the 1st one.

My dear you don't have to be religious to come to this thread all of us have our own way to bring our mind at peace. Don't think I am a very religious person:crazy but somethings I love to do it. As my parents have put it into me from childhood.