1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

God ! Send me a 'soul-mate' :)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sandyr, Jul 6, 2009.

1. sandyr

sandyr New IL'ite

How would you know when God sends you your life partner? How would you know that this is him, that this is the man for me?

This may sound as if I don’t believe in the power of God, but I am not of the opinion that God always sends every person the mate s/he should have. There isn’t any scripture that I know of that says He will nor one that says how you would know if He did.

When I was a teenager, I asked God to direct me to a mate who would be compatible with my beliefs and values who would match my personality, and family as a whole. Those were the times when cheesy & corny movies like ‘Dil Tho Pagal Hai’ hit the screens and made us believe that God would show you a sign, he would guide you to your SOULMATE. :yes:

I believe that God answers prayer, but I didn’t expect God to pick out just one candidate and somehow introduce him into my life. He can, of course. But He may just as well work through putting several young men in my life so that I can compare, learn the strengths and weaknesses of, and decide which one I would be willing to commit to for the rest of my life.:thumbsup

You see, whoever you marry, you marry a set of problems. Marry that guy and you get a weirdo family. Marry that one and he’s a Mama’s boy. That one over there has self-esteem issues. The one on the corner has tendencies that may lead him to become an addict. :hide:

No one, and I mean no one, is perfect, and this ofcourse includes ‘Me’ too.

Therefore, there is not the perfect person for me. As I said, God may send the best of the lot, or He may just let me choose from those that I interact with over time. I pray for that opportunity and wisdom, not that God will have Prince Charming parachute down my chimney.

So I no longer waste time looking for a sign from God as to whether this is the one. Instead, I look into the person as deeply as I can to see if he is the man (and the set of problems) that I am willing to spend a lifetime with, flaws and all.:bonk