God is watching us from a distance!

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by cheer, Feb 20, 2007.

1. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

<CENTER></CENTER>REMEMBER THE DUCK

There was a little boy visiting his grandparents on their farm. He was given a slingshot to play with, out in the woods. He practiced in the woods, but he could never hit the target. Getting a little discouraged, he headed back to dinner.

As he was walking back, he saw Grandma's pet duck. Just out of impulse, he let fly, hit the duck square in the head, and killed it. He was shocked and grieved. In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the wood pile, only to see his sister watching. Sally had seen it all, but she said
    nothing.

After lunch that day grandma said, "Sally, let's wash the dishes."

But Sally said, "Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the
    kitchen today, didn't you Johnny?" And then she whispered to him,
    "Remember, the duck?" So Johnny did the dishes.

Later Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing, and Grandma said, "I'm sorry but I need Sally to help make supper."

But Sally smiled and said, "Well, that's all right because Johnny told
    me he wanted to help." And she whispered again, "Remember, the duck?" So Sally went fishing and Johnny stayed.

After several days of Johnny doing both his chores and Sally's, he<SCRIPT><!--D(["mb","
    finally couldn't stand it any longer. He came to Grandma and confessed
    that he killed the duck. She knelt down, gave him a hug, and said,
    &quot;Sweetheart, I know. You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the
    whole thing. But because I love you, I forgave you. But I was just
    wondering how long would you let Sally make a slave of you.&quot;

I don't know what's in your past. I don't know what one sin the enemy
    keeps throwing up in your face. But whatever it is, I want you to know
    something. God was standing at the window and He saw the whole
    thing. But because He loves you, He is ready to forgive you. Perhaps
    He's wondering how long you'll let the enemy\n make a slave out of you.
    The great thing about God is that He not only forgives, but He forgets.
    \n\n<hr size\u003d\"1\">TV dinner still cooling?
    Check out &quot;Tonight's Picks&quot; on Yahoo! TV.
    \n
    </div> \n\n \n __._,_.___\n \n <div>\n \n \n Messages in this topic (1)\n \n \n \n Reply (via web post)\n | \n <a href\u003d\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dilsedesigroup/post;_ylc\u003dX3oDMTJmdGxuZjZxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzEzMTI4MzAwBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTAxMzYyMARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzExNzE5NzcxNzE-\" target\u003d\"_blank\" onclick\u003d\"return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)\">",1]);//--></SCRIPT>
    finally couldn't stand it any longer. He came to Grandma and confessed that he killed the duck. She knelt down, gave him a hug, and said,"Sweetheart, I know. You see, I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing. But because I love you, I forgave you. But I was just wondering how long would you let Sally make a slave of you."

I don't know what's in your past. I don't know what one sin the enemy keeps throwing up in your face. But whatever it is, I want you to know something. God was standing at the window and He saw the whole thing. But because He loves you, He is ready to forgive you. Perhaps He's wondering how long you'll let the enemy make a slave out of you.</STRONG></P>
    The great thing about God is that He not only forgives, but He forgets.

2. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

hi cheer,
    nice one.:2thumbsup:

3. sofiya

sofiya New IL'ite

Nice Post!

It's alwayz better to be honest and admit our mistakes/wrong-doings rather than feel guilty forever and giving people a chance to take advantage of you! E'one makes mistakes or does some wong at some point in life but what really matters is whether you have the guts to admit it and move on!!! The only way to let go of your guilt is by confessing it! God is Oft-Forgiving and Most Merciful!