God answered our prayers in the form of ROHINI....our little gift from heaven!

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by priyankanath, Oct 12, 2011.

1. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Hello All,

This post had been long due....everytime during my pregnancy when i used to read a birth story i used to long for the day when i would write my own. So here I am ACTUALLY writing the birth story of my little angel.....ROHINI

Rohini was born on 28th August 2011 at 9.49pm. She weighed 3.1 kgs at birth and was 48 cms long.

As some people know that i had a rough TTC journey with PCOS (anovulatory one where i just dont produce eggs...:rant) Lots of treatments and waits and heartbreaking BFNs and of course relative's curious questions for more than 2years....and then ultimately on 9th Jan 2011 my Beta Hcg Blood test showed a positive pregnancy report. I WAS PREGNANT! That was the Best...No no....the BESTEST day of my and my DH's lives. :)

The 1st trimester was relatively ok...with some nausea here and there and lots of fatigue ( I used to sleep just anywhere and anytime).
    Then the 2nd trimester....it was a good period...i felt very healthy and energetic (its the honeymoon period of pregnancy afterall). But in my 5th month my fluid levels went marginally less so i was put on some medicines to ensure it didnt fall further (Thank God it didnt till the end:bowdown)
    Then the final 3rd trimester...i actually started feeling like a whale...fully bloated all over. My tummy, feet everything were round:rotfl Lots of weight caused backpain. Then around 8th month my BP shot up and doc put me on bed rest for a week and later i also took a early ML from 8th august (EDD was 15th sep).

Now the D-Day....28th August!
    I had an ultrasound on 27th august where the radiologist said my cervix is tightly closed and there are no signs of going into labour for atleast one week unless there is a miracle. But yes miracle had to happen.......so around 11.15-11.20am on 28th august ( I was sleeping at that time so cudnt see precisely the exact time) my waterbag broke!! As i said i was sleeping....i wanted to turn sides and just when i was about to do so i felt a gush of water leaking out. I was leaking urine for sometime in my last trimester so i got up to see whether i leaked again or not....but no this time it was huge...i wetted my dress and the bed sheet and i also had few drops of blood as well. I knew ITS TIME! I panicked and told my DH (He was cool and was calming me down) and we rushed to the hospital. The resident doctor examined me and said my cervix is 1finger opened...so its not a false call and i was admitted. Then NST was done every 2 hours to check baby's heartbeat and contractions. I had NO PAIN or even the slightest contractions till 6pm. Then my gynac came in and again she did an internal exam and said....cervix is not opening and in the meanwhile i was leaking fluid. So she decided they have to do a C-section as :-
    --->I had no contractions.
    --->The baby was head down but didnt decend to the birth canal (which means chances of normal delivery is very less) and...
    --->There is an increased chance of infection if delivery is not done within 8-10 hours of cervix opening.

The c-section was scheduled around 9pm. Around 8.45 pm i was taken to the OT. There i was given spinal anesthesia (not epidural whose effect lasts longer....spinal anesthesia numbs u for only about 3 hours). Within minutes my legs went numb....The ansthetist said...."Lets play a game....try moving your leg and lets see whether u can move it or not ;-)" I played that game all throughout my operation and trust me i cudnt move even my fingers one bit:rotfl
    Then the gynac checked the baby's head postion and started to operate...i was just waiting to hear my baby cry...and at the blissful moment of 9.49pm i heard a cry...then another cry and then a BIG LONG cry! It was my baby...out in this world...saying her mommy Hi! Trust me ladies it was the most wonderful moment of my life.....i had tears...no...i actually did cry. Doc said..."Priyanka Its a GIRL" and showed me Rohini....she was the most beautiful thing i had ever seen. All the pains, the struggles, the hardships of TTC and the humiliations of relatives (of not having a baby after 3 years of marriage) had vanished in a second when i saw my daughter....every single pain that i had undergone in all these years seemed WORTH IT! Then Rohini was taken outside to be shown to an eager and restless Dad who was impatiently waiting outside while i was being stitched up. After the operation i was shifted to the recovery room for an hour till the anesthesia effect came down and i could feel my legs again....This was a bad wait as i had thought i would immediately be shifted to my room where i can hold my daughter.....i hated the nurses who put me in that room.
    Anyways after an hour i was shifted to my suite where Rohini and her dad was waiting for me. I couldnt sit & hold Rohini (thanks to the stitches which were hurting) but she was put in my bed where i kissed her and she in turn looked straight into my eyes. New Daddy kissed my forehead and said "Thank You":) and from then We Were FAMILY! :cheers

So that was my birth story......and as i write it with tears of joy in my eyes & with Rohini sleeping right beside me in her crib.......i feel like the most blessed person in this planet who was given a chance to be a mother!

I would like to thank all my IL friends who were my support system during my hard TTC days and also throughout my pregnancy till today. I love u all girls. Thanks for being there:)

Priyanka (A very Happy and Blessed MOMMY:))

22 people like this.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I almost have tears of joy in my eyes for you. Congrats again Priyanka! You will make a wonderful mom!

3. DiwyaSiri

DiwyaSiri Bronze IL'ite

Hi Priyanka,

First of all Congrates.... Thanks for sharing this. Am feeling happy. I got tears also.

Once again thnq and all the best

4. sangeethaamar

sangeethaamar Silver IL'ite

Congrats dear.............I was almost in tears very emotional .take care

5. hopesinbaby2010

hopesinbaby2010 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Priyu,

How little angel is doing? take care of ur health. I hope ur in-laws & everyone will be areound u.

tears filled out my eyes and sometimes I think how I will be if I'm holding my child and I will be very happy at that moment. lets see.

Pls pray for me to have a child soon. Once again my Wishes for u!

6. twinbabyhopes

twinbabyhopes Senior IL'ite

hi priyanka

i am reading ur this i have tears in my eyes....i felt as if i gave birht..so touching ur write up
    i am also ttc from 3 yrs.....i can feel the pain and also the happiness.....its so much touching...i cannot tell u
    i really
    i am happy and i hope u also read my birth announcement soon........touchwood
    love u and kisses to ur angel
    bye

7. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Th last few lines brought tears in my eyes... Very touching... I know u are a blessed mom... Tc... N have fun...

My love, hugs n kisses for ur lil one...

8. bril

bril Silver IL'ite

Lovely post! Congrats to you and DH and little Rohini :)

And yes, becoming a mother is possibly one of the best feelings we can ever have..

I dunno if you understand tamil ... But I always think of this song.

"Yenna thavam seidhanai, Yashoda, Yengum nirai parabhramam Amma yendru azahikka" -- This is a song on Lord Krishna. Actually in the above lines, the poet refers to yashoda and asks her, what penance did you do, yashoda , to make the omnipresent parabrahmam call you Mother.
    All our LO's are truly God send angels to make us feel blessed :)

Happy Motherhood!

9. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot ladies! Am glad u liked my birth story.

Rakhi & Sangeetha....all the best for the rest of your pregnancy journey. Good luck on your delivery....its almost time for u. Just wait and watch....time will just fly and u will soon have your LO in your arms.:thumbsup

Hopesinbaby, Twinbabyhopes & Inlovewithmylife....My wishes are always there with u. God will definitely answer your prayers and very soon all of u will write your birth story. I will eagerly wait for that day.:) Lots of babydust to u ladies.

Bril....I dont understand Tamil but am glad u translated the song lines. They have a wonderful meaning. Thanks for sharing. :)

Priyanka

10. chweetchoyee

chweetchoyee Gold IL'ite

Hey..Yeppi!!!

Congrats and she is sooooo cute.. Kisika nazar na lage..

And now i guess IL have a new Mom..

Congrats for your another promotion in your life.. Have nice journey of parenthood.

Love
    Choyee