Gloves for household chores

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by coolsandy, Jul 5, 2012.

1. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

I have used this scotch brite gloves for my household chores, esp for doing the dishes. They were comfortable enough, but hadn't used them in summer. And they were not used for, like 2-3 months.
    Now, when I see them, the fingers are kinda stuck to each other(coz of the rubber traits???) and they tore off when pulled back. I know that they do not last for a life time, but buying a new set every 2-3 months is like :O

What brand of gloves do you all use? How are they maintained when not in use?
    Are there any heavy duty gloves available in the market? Share your experiences.

2. Kristine

Kristine Silver IL'ite

Hi ,

I think house gloves are not that popular in Indian housewives life. I use gardening gloves and hate it !
    But if you are allergic to detergents its a very good habit .
    If you want to put away your gloves for some time then rinse them thoroughly in water to remove any detergent , dry your gloves properly - inside & outside . Put some boric or talcum powder on the inside before putting them away. You can get tough gloves in a good shop selling gardening tools & pesticide. But always read about the precautions & its safety ( house hold work).

Hope this helps.

3. kylie

kylie Gold IL'ite

dear Coolsandy,

Even I use scotchbrite gloves. I dont use them while washing utensils but only for applying henna, mopping n cleaning the bathrooms. I have separate gloves for all 3 but they are not long lasting even though I clean them after each use. I havn't found an alternative so there is no option but to buy fresh ones regularly.

love,
    kylie

4. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

let me try that..