Glass Ceiling

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by incarnation, Aug 23, 2010.

1. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

Hi Folks ,

I left my job to enjoy life as I was stressed with home issues , MIL/FIL issues , Taking care of child day and night and working all night + feeding my baby all night with no time left for myself , I slept only for an hour a day for 2 yrs and got fed up. Despite my high technical competence I faced glass ceiling and also discriminating attitude from colleague and managers and non conducive environment ..
    I was still able to handle , but suddenly I felt I am wasting my golden years and giving no attention to myself.I took a break solely for myself and my son,what a heavenly break...I gave time to myself and analyzed and learned how to resolve issues and not let anybody take advantage of me and not allow anybody to emotionally insult me anymore.

Now I am cool and would join only part time and will know how to handle crap

So more folks with such issues and how did they handle it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010

2. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

"Incarnation", am I allowed to give some suggestions ??

Of course you need a break dear from the routine of office and house work....
    Try going for some relaxtion/meditation classes.......you just need to unwind....
    go for walks with your baby/child, listen to music, watch good tv shows.....enjoy with a good book........

Hopefully all the above helps you but if you are already doing one of those......then its good my friend........

Just stay calm, relax and dont allow your temper or frustration or anger rule you...

Best wishes dear......

3. incarnation

Office life has never been a big issue , it has been more on personal one that affects everything.
    Well I relaxed and meditated for good , I did everythign which I was not able to do for my more than a decade job...

I am loving this break and Ironically , I have never ever regretted this break even once , which actually I felt when I took the decision of taking the break..

And strangely this is the most courageous decision I took in my life..I thought I am no one without a career , but I see a lot in me even without the career tag on me...I love myself...:)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Good for you.

Although make sure you can go back to full time if needed. Financial independence is crucial. Esp. in your case since you are having personal issues too, if you dont have financial independence, you may feel stuck if at all you need to make any bold decisions on the personal front.

5. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

How you learnt this art Inc? You can teach me. Such things are essential to survive in today's selfish world.

:thumbsup

6. incarnation

hi,

giving time to self and introspection .

ink

7. sanjitha

sanjitha New IL'ite

I'm not sure what you mean by glass ceiling? Sorry, about that just trying to understand the context