1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gifts from our Loving PIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ShilpaMa, May 28, 2013.

1. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

When I got married I used to wear golisu (anklets) and our room was on top of their room. Every morning she would comment on the golisu noise - even if I was walking it would make noise! So I started removing it at night. Then she one day asked if everything was OK with husband. I said yes, why do you ask. She said I don't hear the golisu noise any more. OMG! I was mortified....that she was listening for that sound and equating it to us you know what. I don't think I have ever worn golisu after that!!!

2 people like this.
  2. droplet

droplet Silver IL'ite

DKI, it's really embarrassing, how can ones thought go soo cheap.

3. sweetestshweta

sweetestshweta Gold IL'ite

Thats so dirty!!
    My MIL always scrutinizes everyone's body-facial hair,unwaxed hands,heavy breasts,grey hair,big backside etc etc..And then she keeps commenting on them(She herself is good looking and quite proud of it)It drives me mad:spin
    She would always start knocking at our door early morning(that when one tries to catch on some sleep because she never leaves our room before 11PM)
    On weekends,if we are sleeping in the room in afternoon,she'll keep knockingshakehead
    (Why do they keep harassing us to give them a grankchild when they give us no privacy!!)

But her worst side I saw during my pregnancy and after child birth.She always commented on my body earlier also but got worst then.
    That I have become so black,I look so fat,why is my butt becoming so big,that I have grey hair,facial hair and what not!!
    She always used to be present when doctors examined me,when my dressing was done,when they changed my pads!!Ugh..Even after repeated requests,she never left the room..
    And she always used to keep staring when I fed my DD-looking at my body..
    So many times she told-"such black nipples you got!!..Your breast is so out of shape!!"

Terrible terrible times

4. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

If I were you, I would have outright asked her to shut up. Did you never protest against such uncivilized comments?

5. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Swetha next time tell her
    Now that you've seen my ding-dong show me yours!!!

Are my nipples really black? Show me yours?

I would gross her out!

4 people like this.
  6. Meghaa

Meghaa Silver IL'ite

I have never got anything from ILs till date . Except the ritualistic ones ( but , of course it was more than covered from the Money my father gave them- so I dont consider them as ILs gifts) I cant get over this!!
    But they are otherwise non interfering . Tried to help parents with alliances for siblings and generally nice. So I try to put out this thought

7. sara1104

sara1104 Senior IL'ite

ROFL.... You made my day......

8. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

tulipzz, you've got the name wrong :hide:

9. pinkRoseBud

pinkRoseBud Gold IL'ite

What if she is ready to show!! Again its 1-0. as shwetha would not be able to see..No matter what these kind of MILs want upper hand.
    Ewww sorry for creepy thoughts :hide:

10. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

When this discussion of nipples has come , I would like to share with you all one ugly episode of my life......When my daughter was born, like most kids she had pink lips....after some days they started turning darker....my MIL got one more opportunity to hurt me....She was telling my DH in front of me that just because my nipples are dark, my DD's lips started turning black.....I was shocked at such a bad comment from her.....She thinks that she is beautiful just because she has a fair skin and tries to insult people whenever she gets an opportunity.....So many incidents like this has happened that these days I hardly talk to them and this hardly bothers them ......