1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gifts from our Loving PIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ShilpaMa, May 28, 2013.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Dedicating this thread to the gifts we get from our loving PILs.
    Some of us maynot be in a position to share it with H, neighbor or own parents.. hence pls bear with me and lets share the TINY HEARTS gift given with full heart...........

DSC02745 (Medium).JPG DSC02742 (Medium).JPG DSC02744 (Medium).JPG DSC02743 (Medium).JPG

I'd already mentioned in one of the thread that it was given with the compliment "Either stitch something for yourself or give it to a maid".

Now I was also told long back that its in-auspicious to give a torned / cut fabric to a married woman... and not even to keep such fabric at home.... I was hunting for a maid... who won't mind it... and it shall soon change hands...

Need to buy some peace for myself... esp when I hear more justifications from existing MILs.

16 people like this.

2. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Like momma, like daughter.....
    Who loves to buy things at "THROW AWAY PRICE"

DSC02747 (Medium).JPG DSC02748 (Medium).JPG

Now only am learning concept of DISPOSABLE clothes for kids apart from disposable diapers... day 1 of usage..

Next advise.... repair it as soon as you get TIME.................

11 people like this.
  3. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

good God !!! did they really do this ???

you should have told them to find that maid themselves and hand over this stuff themselves... why do they need a mediator in the form of DIL...

6 people like this.
  4. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Charu, she keeps telling.. she has tons of sarees and will get some for my maids..... after 3 yrs of blabbering she got 3 horrible ones... and the maids also refused... I had to pay them 500 each to take that saree out of the house :rotfl :rotfl

I take them to big stores to select their choice..... but this is wht we get in return.............

It came with a few good things as well... so trying to handle it sobre..........

6 people like this.
  5. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

You are so cool that you have not thrown it on your MIL's face, of course none of us DILs wont have the guts or such a supporting husband.

2 people like this.
  6. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Visasri, thats right... the support exists only between H and his parents.... whatever they do is ALWAYS right and whatever is really wrong.... the blood relative was too INNOCENT to realize it........
    Just that some H will never take it for their wives at any cost......

I really want to share it with my mom and ask her... will she do it to my brother's wife or child...................
    They always take her to big stores so am aware its not possible.............. will only leave her hurt.

3 people like this.
  7. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

SIL gave a suit with torned chunni......... MIL asked me to cut remaining and USE it as it is... her DD was v busy while buying it................

Another......... SIL gave me a SUIT ... I stitched only the kurta so got a gyaan from MIL... my DDs money wasted in buying FULL set for you.........

CONFESSION
    I bought a fabric for top and gifted it to her with the same salwar n dupatta without explicit details and information to related parties..........

Feedback...
    Kurta fabric was better.... dupatta n salwar went bad!!!!!!!!!

23 people like this.
  8. me4raj

me4raj Silver IL'ite

My MIL once gave me an old saree of hers to wear at home. It had faded completely. But she said that I could wear it in my house as it is cold and she could not wear it in her house as it is so hot (we live in different cities). She would not dare give a saree like that to her DD as my SIL is capable of throwing it back on MILs face. I wore it a couple of times in front of her and gave it away to the maid when we were shifting the house (so my MIL never saw the maid wearing it).

Few days later she asked me when she was at my place, where that saree was. I told her that it was lost while shifting the house and she was very upset that such a nice saree was lost.

Moral of the story: They are all more or less the same.

5 people like this.
  9. Onesweetlife

Onesweetlife Gold IL'ite

You should not have made her upset .... Poor she.....

Such a NICE Sareee ?????!!!!!!.....

2 people like this.
  10. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

shilpa,you MIL sounds like my MIL..............1st she will never gift us anything & if she has to she will look into her trank(aluminium suitcases old people have)find she old suit which she got yrs back as gift from someone , give it to her DD & DILs.

well,i normally pass it to my maid after showing it to my DH ,her DDs do the same but the elder DIL who lives with MIL has to get them stitched as MIL keeps on asking about them.poor dear............

so few yrs back we all got together & told MIL that pls,can she stop gifting her these ugly suits(in polite way)since then we are Thankfully being not gifted anything...........

4 people like this.