1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Gifts for Teachers in U.S. Schools

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Rihana, Dec 1, 2015.

1. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Thank You for this. yes, :blush:They should n't be spending to use the gift card. I will do 25$ same like before.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
    Rihana likes this.
  2. KashmirFlower

That would be very touching. my 3 year old says he is Ms. mariam (his teacher name), himself, that is very funny. He says he likes her, she would love to know this

(he says some more , he is penguin , he is speedy ( a train) etc..)

Rihana likes this.
  3. Poetlatha

Poetlatha Platinum IL'ite

Hello friends my two cents : Have a budget, within that try to fit in as many number of gifts to number of teachers. If our budget is very high we can get anything.

Here are some gifts that I gave. For all the teachers around 10 to 15 gifts.

Gift cards from : ice cream shops, any stores : clothing, teacher supplies, book store, and restaurants*, movie tickets.*

I used to buy lot of books within 5-10 dollars, lovely quotation books, poetry, meditation, etc.

I used get like beautiful platers : summer time you get lots of beautiful plastic salad trays, fruit trays to take for picnics.

Plants : roses, Gerbera daisies, lilies, dalias, etc.

Bangles, brooches, small cute chains with a pendant. Indian light weight jewelry made with wax and beautiful patterns. I forgot the name ....this was mostly during Christmas.

Or simple gifts chocolates, magnetic notepads, some teacher supplies all put together as a gift basket.

Hope this will help.

* restaurants and movie tickets are expensive of course.

sindmani likes this.
  4. Halosandwings

Halosandwings Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I found this thread a little too late. Is it a common practice to send gifts to the daycare teachers? I don’t know what happens at my little one’s daycare.. I dont know any of the moms.On a side note... Last year, husband and I sent gifts at work. This year we were too busy and did not do much.

5. KashmirFlower

I feel gifts at work is not needed.
    For teachers giving gifts is common. As an appreciation for being part of kids growth,well-being and for doing so much on day-to-day basis in kid life.., I gave gifts, most of the time gift cards and a card made by kid with some drawing and few words.

I think it is important to be given by kid:
    My kid when young took so many items he though he can give to his teacher (private school) like a colored rangoli on paper, flowers from backyard, on non-holiday season too, I encouraged to cultivate the habit of gifting. Now he loves giving gifts to his friends and also when we go to India, without ever expecting anything in-return.

As you can see I learned from this thread :blush:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Amica likes this.
  6. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

1. My son's preschool, they are planning to do drive by Pre-K graduation party.

Since it's lockdown time here, kid staying at home since March. I am not sure whether I should give any small gifts to the teachers? I am planning to have simple drawing, coloring picture by my son so that it can be memorable card for the teacher.

Any other ideas please let me know. What they usually do in USA during Pre-K graduation party?

Thanks