1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ghosts of the Boeing A386

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Catgol, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

Will try to post it today

2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Nice Thriller.what is going to happen ?only catgol knows

3. minjagan

minjagan Gold IL'ite

Hello Catgol..
    As usual v good narration...
    Take care of the punctuation so that the reader feels easy to read.Just a piece of advice...

4. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

chapter 6

nisha held lakshmi amma's hand and cried till all the pain vanished from her heart

lakshmi advised her to not think about the past but to carry on with the present.. nisha felt relieved after really having a long and tiring day she retired to her bed..

an evil spirit is going to kill you .. an evil spirit is going to kill you.. those words flashed in her mind again ..

why would an evil spirit want to kill me... do ghosts really exist. though she never actually cared about ghost she had indeed encountered a ghost early in her life ...The incident took place when she was just ten years old.. when nisha was just ten years old she had once gone to malampuzha a place in kerela to attend her cousin's wedding .. malampuzha is the place where her maternal grand parents also lived ...

nisha had never been to kerela and the first time she visted she fell in love with the place .. full of greeneries and little streams she understood why kerela was called" god's own country "..

nisha stayed there for a week and for the first few days she was excited to visit all the temples and she even swam in small ponds . The third day she was bored as she had nothing to do, though her grand parents took care of her really well she got bored because there were no kids of her age and she found the wedding rituals very boring and she even thought why people are all excited about a wedding ..

she wandered around the acres of plantain field which belonged to her grand father trying to keep her engaged ... she suddenly noticed somebody playing in the field ..
    It was a girl of her age she was dark complexioned and was wearing a blouse and a traditional mundu(attire worn by keralites) her eyes were rimmed with kohl and she wore big ankeletes in both her feet.. she went near the girl..

who are you, what is your name .. first the girl did not reply and she answered the second time nisha questioned her. My name is chandini replied the girl shyly .. My nAme is nisha i have come here to attend my cousin's wedding replied nisha trying to make a friendly acquaintance with her .. both of them got friendly with each other and decided to meet at the same place everyday to play .. nisha was all excited about her new found friend.. she even bragged about how she made friend with a local girl. her father was really happy for her ..

chandini took her to places nisha had never seen in her life ... they both climbed the mountains , played fishing game in small ponds and even played snake and ladder game chandini had always carried with her .It was the fourth day of her vacation and it was the day of the grand wedding of her cousin sister reema ..

nisha was dressed in pattu pavada( skirt and blouse made of silk ) and she wore a big kasumala..

nisha today is the wedding remember and you cant go out today to meet your friend , so better stay indoors. but dad , chandini will be waiting for me i have to go pleaded nisha.. since nisha was a motherless girl her dad never said no to whatever she asked for ..

okay but be back in half an hour it wont look good if you miss the wedding ceremony
    said her dad .. okay dad i promise said nisha and ran away in full excitement .. Time passed by even the muhurtam was over but nisha was nowhere to be seen.. ALL the relatives were waiting for nisha to have a family photograph done .. where is nisha we are searching for her for the past half an hour said nisha 's grandmother to nisha 's dad. let me go and check she must be off to that plantain field said nisha's dad and went there to look for her ...

he was shocked by what he saw.. nisha was talking and playing with herself and there was no body else with her.. nisha whom are you talking to and where is your friend shouted her dad .. dad dont embarass me chandini is here right in front of you .. chandini this is my dad said nisha introducing her dad to her new found friend. nisha dont make me look like a fool there is nobody standing there.

nisha swore on god several times that it was indeed her friend chandini who was still standing with them..

her father grabbed her hands and took nisha along with him..now dont talk anything untill we go home .. dad but let me tell her good bye atleast pleaded nisha but her dad did not listen to her..

her dad learnt from nisha 's grand mother that chandini was none other than the cook's daughter who died five years before .. chandini was born out of wedlock and her friends at school bullied her by saying that she was a homeless bastard ..not able to bear the humility she commited suicide.. the cook also died by jumping into the river after the death of her daughter.. Their hut was located next to our plantain field and i have heared a girl playing in the night in the field .The villagers have also heared somebody weeping in the field in the middle of the night but if they go to the field the weeping sound would stop and nobody was to be seen . nisha 's dad got stunned by hearing everything and fearing his daughter's life he took nisha back to chennai and he never visited mazhampuzha after that incident took place..

Even after coming back to chennai, chandini would appear before nisha in the middle of the night. nisha would scream in fear .. her dad would console her saying that it was only a nightmare..

since nisha got unfriendly ,chandini never appeared before her again after that incident ....

nisha slowly drifted into sleep after recalling the past incidents in her life

to be continued......

5. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Nice update Catgol....So Chandini is the ghost here ....

6. YoginiVenkat

YoginiVenkat Silver IL'ite

wow superb narration..

7. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

no dear :)

8. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Oh again a suspense here...hmmm

9. shari2003

shari2003 Silver IL'ite

beautiful story, Catgol! It's building up very well... and anxiously waiting for the next one..

10. GomathiNandha

GomathiNandha New IL'ite

Dear Catgol,

Please write at least one episode per day :) eagerly waiting for the next update from you.

Best Regards,
    Gomathi