1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Ghee Murukku - a blow for dieticians

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by umasridharan, Sep 5, 2006.

1. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Ghee Murukku

Maybe this recipe is a blow for dieticians. I was just taken aback on hearing this recipe.

This is not a regular murukku. This recipe was given to me by an old lady who was from Andhra. Dough for murukku is same with rice flour, urid dhal flour, jeera, butter and salt. Preparation is also same. But here comes the difference.

In a kadai pour ghee and heat. Make murukku and fry them in that ghee. Drain. Melt butter into ghee. Immerse the fried murukku into the melted ghee and keep them aside till the ghee sets into granules. Eat the murukku with the granulated ghee -- like gulabjamoon or rasgullah. The murukku and the ghee should be consumed within two days. The ghee should not be reused for making murukku.

HOWZZAT?:clap:clap

2. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Dear Uma,

Eating murukku itself gives me goosebumps.......imagine same murukku done with gheeeeeeeee.

No harm in eating one or two:hide::hide:

3. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

I think this is gonna be very tasty.. cant wait t eat... but again weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish i was thin and never gain weight on eating anything!!

1 person likes this.
  4. SSNmom

SSNmom Bronze IL'ite

wow.. great and different recepie for murukku