1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

gettting married to an NRI

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ashwini999, Jun 13, 2008.

1. ashwini999

ashwini999 Senior IL'ite

One of my friend in mumbai, is getting married to an NRI who studied in US and has been working in US for the past 7 years.We always used to have this discussion like, what would be it like gettinng married to an NRI for a women . How do women generally feel.......whether are they proud of it,or happy,or concerned about how to match with hubbys interest and activities being an indian girl,or whether you suspect about his previous relations et etc,or are they worried about being away from friend and familly, how to follow up his like and disklikes,etc etc.....

so basically, how you people felt when you got arranged wedding with a person who has been living in US.

i hope this will be an interesting topic to discuss with.

In general, do women generally prefer their would-be to be in india or abroad? are they ready to sacrifice their friend and family by staying with their hubby abroad

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Dear Ashwini ,

First of all it doesnt matter wher your husband is from.. as far he is not from a diffrnt planet !! ( now that cud be a definte problem:boo: ) .. All that matters is wether you gel with that person.. this u cant really know in an arranged marriage until u start living with that person.. Be it the case in love marrg also u cant deny the fact as to how thngs would b after your marg. :roll:
    Not that an NRI could be skeptical and an RI could be a sweetheart !!!:notthatway:
    What I feel is Marriage is a Gamble.:cool: Some win some lose..more important you jus need to stay.. Its jus about handling issues and how both of them take it forward. What happens in ur life may not happen in mine and vice versa.. bt then lil bit of compromises, adjustments, anger, love , fun, patience and more needs to b shared .. But the women get an extra share here I must say.. :queen
    It is alwys better to start ur life with very very lil expectations and desires.. You would then be ready for any surprises !!! Good Luck to your fren from all of us at IL !!!! :welcome

3. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

drpreethis
    I am under the impression men are from mars and woman are from venus.Big Laugh
    Any way back to the concern on hand. Marrying an NRI is no different than marrying an Indian. All I can say is any marriage needs Prayers, Positive Attitude and Patience from both husband and wife. Its always a work in progress.