1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Getting Rid Of Ego

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Apr 7, 2024.

1. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

The fact that @kaluputti responded here shows how well your thread is received by the I Lites. You are a deep thinker and we need more such thinkers for this forum.[/QUOTE]
    Ha ha..! Thanks for the special mention, it boosts my 'ego'. I have known Hari ji from another forum already. I also admire his thoughts, way of expressing very heavy topics with ease and in his unique way. Then of course, ego is also one of my fav topics, since we all all trying to dissociate ourselves with the rogue one. Yes, there are 2 , according to Sri Ramakrishna describing the two types of ego:
    (1) the unripe ego that entangles one in sense enjoyments, making one feel "I am the doer. I am the son of a wealthy man. I am learned. I am rich. How dare anyone slight me?";
    (2) the ripe ego, which is also called the servant ego, devotee ego, or the knowledge ego."
    He suggests to cultivate the ripe ego and strengthen it then drop it too.

2. kaluputti

Yes, you said it ji..!:tongueout:

HariLakhera and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Finest Post Winner

Ha ha..! Thanks for the special mention, it boosts my 'ego'. I have known Hari ji from another forum already. I also admire his thoughts, way of expressing very heavy topics with ease and in his unique way. Then of course, ego is also one of my fav topics, since we all all trying to dissociate ourselves with the rogue one. Yes, there are 2 , according to Sri Ramakrishna describing the two types of ego:
    (1) the unripe ego that entangles one in sense enjoyments, making one feel "I am the doer. I am the son of a wealthy man. I am learned. I am rich. How dare anyone slight me?";
    (2) the ripe ego, which is also called the servant ego, devotee ego, or the knowledge ego."
    He suggests to cultivate the ripe ego and strengthen it then drop it too.[/QUOTE]

I had posted one snippet here and in our other group on how people in big cities like Delhi brag about who they are. In India, particularly, Delhi, "don't you know who am I?" is a common phrase in a fight.

kaluputti likes this.
  4. kaluputti

Here is another one I have come across, of course accidentally...
    "
    EGO AND INTELLECT ARE MODIFICATIONS OF EACH OTHER
    The mind, when viewed as the agent, is called the 'ego'. The same mind, when viewed as the instrument , is called the 'intellect'. The ego and the intellect may thus be viewed as modifications of each other.
    Vivekachudamai (v184) by Adi Sankara

HariLakhera likes this.