1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

getting confused on being a housewife

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by deeptiprajesh, Dec 17, 2013.

1. deeptiprajesh

deeptiprajesh New IL'ite

i am a happy housewife for 11 years but sometimes i get guilty feeling for not being a working woman .please advise me to take up my role of a housewife more fully .i need some tips to manage my time more effectively so that i dont feel my life is a waste.what all can a housewife do to be more positiveminded and content?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013

2. padmashreedeepu

padmashreedeepu Silver IL'ite

Hi Deepti

Dont get bogged down... Being a housewife is not a joke... Even I am a housewife friendssmiley.. Quit my job after my baby. But I am not repenting for it. I utilize my time completely. Actually I dont have free time at all (Busy than working people gigglingsmiley) I work from home as a content writer, take music classes, tuitions, learn and sing music, try new recipes at home, play with my baby, take her to walk, temples
    etc....... If I had more time then I could have done a lot more...

First feel happy and proud that you are away from all work related tensions and pressures. Next enjoy each and every work you do. Engage yourself in some hobby or go to some classes like music, craft, baking etc. Try new dishes and recipes and surprise your husband. Read books or do some crafts, jewelry etc...

Be proud to be a house wife!!!!!!! House wife means 24 hours working.... hugsmiley

drdiva, abhigail and deeptiprajesh like this.
  3. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Hi Deepthi,
    I am a working woman. I thought housewife job is more easy than anything else. But it is not so and i understood after seeing my sister. She has cute little son who is very naughty always.
    As padmasree said, you can invest your time in learning new things or improving your skills. You can do some work from home itself and earn. Try to engage in some work always as we all know "Idle man brain's is devils workshop".

1 person likes this.
  4. deeptiprajesh

deeptiprajesh New IL'ite

thanks padmasree and divshiri for the positive advises..you both cheered me up.i feel much better when i read some inspiring replies like these....i do take up my responsibilities seriously ,i love craft,i stitch,i do fabric painting ,i had joined jewellery making classes,i do all the shopping,i go out now and then,i do everything to keep myself happy.,but still theres something in me which i cant express with my hus even,(he says its just because you have got everything in life!!)thats why i wrote...am i wasting my life just for the family? i cant get over the guilt feeling.my family is financially very good,i dont need to work,i dont want to take up unneccessory hassles of a working woman either.all i need is some boost ups to help me overcome my confusions.i need to be reminded that what i chose is 100percent right...

1 person likes this.
  5. InterestBlog

InterestBlog Bronze IL'ite

I feel you should NOT BE GUILTY of not being a working women.
    But you should feel guilty, that you didn't care about your talent. You did not give enough time and confidence to yourself and you didn't explore your caliber.

Its not necessary to step out of home for it, you can explore a million ways to do it from home, without investment. So you never risk money.

Better now then never. Each and every person is talented in its own way. You are too.
    Explore your interest, boost your confidence and let others know your talent and respect it.

6. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

Hey dear
    If you are Hindi speaking, you might have heard this" har kisiko mukammal jahaa nahi milta"
    nobody can get everything in life . You have to compromise something or the other.
    So if you have to compromise, then why not compromise the things which are less important to us. So to decide whether t work or not is ones priority. Like my prioriy is my two kids and we as a family. My hubby is super busy with his work and now focusing more on his career, so my career took back seat. I turned stay at home mom. I am not sure when I am going to work. But at the same time I am happy and proud to be the primary caregiver to my family.
    Now in my sister's case, her hubby is super busy. She has a young kid but she loves to work. No matter what, she will not quit her job ever. It is her priority. She is doing what she thinks is important for her to stay happy and I am doing what makes me happy.
    Be happy that you had the privilege of choosing what you love to do. In me and my sister's case , we have freedom financially. We are not obligated to work.
    But I have seen cases where women are working even though they do not want to , due to finance restrictions
    Be glad for what you have and the choices yo made.
    Now for the time utilisation, no matter whether you are working or not, there is always a scope of betterment.
    Like in my case , I have a very young baby(8 months) and elder oneis 5 years. So lots of restriction. Even within those restrictions I try to do the things I love. At this point I am exercising.
    Studying and spending quality time with my family.

pinkgal and radv like this.
  7. InterestBlog

Don't convince yourself.
    Either say you are happy or you are unhappy.

Mukammal jahan nahi milne se , unhappy feeling hi raheygi.

This is wrong way to convince yourself.

If you have time to post a message in this group, you have time to do something for yourself , online :)
    You have not explored it yet.

And as there is no time fixed, for when you will post in this group, there is no fixed timing to earn online, totally flexible and not needed to work daily too.

Earnings take a while but once you start earning, it really works as "Earn in your sleep" :)

No investment needed, no spam, no cheat.

I am not asking you to work online, I am saying is, Don't say your Jahaan is not mukamaal.
    And if you feel its not Complete, then try to complete it.

8. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

Please do not get offended but is money everything in life??
    Os it important to earn to stay happy.and content.
    To some people this might seem the case but life I not just about earning. It has got more meaning. Instead of earning OP you can also join some NGOs.do some thing for needy. You will get Immense satisfaction. I have joined teach for India and when given time I am going to be more active there instead of earning.

9. InterestBlog

Great.

You contradicted your statement.
    And that was all my point.

If you are content of what you are doing, then you have a Mukamal jahan :)

Your focus went on my statement about earnings, I kept my focus on your Mukamal Jahan :)

10. fourthaugust

fourthaugust Gold IL'ite

you have your mukkammal jahaa??