1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

get togethers - how often

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ashwini999, Jan 17, 2010.

1. ashwini999

ashwini999 Senior IL'ite

how often do you meet with friend and families for togethers
    do you do that every week...or once in a month or just for occasions...
    my dh never likes to have frequent get togethers..
    what do you think..

2. ish333

ish333 Senior IL'ite

Being in US,its like you can't stop by a friends house anytime. You need to call them and make sure they don't have any engagements and then meet them, so according to my family that doesn't happen every weekends and we too make ourselves busy on weekends to avoid the feeling that we have lost touch with meeting people.

Invariably we go shopping and mostly eat out and just chill out on weekends. I have heard that most husbands don't like to have get togethers or parties,but my hubby likes to meet people.

So what i would like to say is don't worry that your why your hubby is not a party animal. Just think that you have got more private time to enjoy. Join some indian assiaciation and you would get invite for festival parties and make it a point to be there and am sure your husband would surly change slowly seeing the fun people are having there.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

personally ,i feel a get together after a gap of 3 mths is best.by that time u have lots to tell & share.
    but ,in reality that does not happen specially with kids.there is nearly one b'day every mth & the diwali season brings such a rush for parties.........

if ur dh is not much into parties u can get together with ur friends in afternoon or on weekends........

many a times we see same people in office & then same people in parties, it gets boring.one should try to have a circle of non office people.atleast thats the way my dh wants.he is more open with people who are not working with him.
    pragati

4. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

In the initial days of our marriage DH's friends used to invite themselves for breakfast/dinner/lunch over every weekend.All I did over the weekend was cook.Then there were the informal invitations for lunch/dinner from our side.I was fed up with all the cooking and no appreciation.One of my DH's friend's wife had the audacity to tell me that I cook a lot of dishes but none of them taste ok and that girls who were students here can't cook and all they can do is party and date around for husbands.That was it...Everytime they called up saying we are coming over I told them let's have a pot luck and then they would call up and give some excuse.Finally now we meet once in a month or so, no pot luck but am ok with that.I invite my friends every other weekend

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010