Gestational sac in upper right side of uterus, does anyone heard of it??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Peetha, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Peetha

Peetha New IL'ite

Hi All, I'm 7 wks and 1 day and on vaginal ultrasound they found the gestational sac but way high in the upper right side in uterus. The OB/Gyne told that it could end up in abnormal so she suggested for pregnancy absorption using medicine. I was freaked out :(

I didn't believe it and wanted to get a second opinion so i went to fetal medicine clinic they did 3D ultrasound and told me that it could be a viable IUP but continuous monitoring is required.

I'm a nervous wreck. Does anyone heard of this? I forgot to mention they also found a Cyst on my right ovary. Please help! Any info will be better than no info

2. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hi Peetha,

It is a little weird to know the embryo has attached itself in such a place. Have you spoken to your doctor after you got the second scan done?

Is it just the upper right corner or is it very close or into the fallopian tube? If it is too near to the tube, there may be trouble for it to find place to grow. That could be something like an ectopic pregnancy, which would be dangerous for you too. But if your second scan says that you could still have the baby with just extra monitoring, I'd definitely suggest a second opinion from another doctor.

The mass in your ovary could be a Corpus luteal cyst that is common in pregnancy and usually is not considered very dangerous. Just google the term and you'll find a lot of information on it. But has your doctor explained it any further? Cos they should have some explanation for it by now.

Stay calm now dear and see what answers they have to what was found in both the scans. Go for the second opinion too. Also if you feel intense pain or bleeding at any point, do notify the doctor. You could still have a viable pregnancy. Will keep you in our prayers.

Take care and loads of baby dust to you. :)

3. Peetha

Peetha New IL'ite

Thank you Tanoshii for your response. Yes I talked to my OB and she said Fetal medicine clinics have high sensitivity ultrasound machines and I would go with them and have them monitor for a while.

I have my next UltSnd this week. I am praying god for it be normal.

4. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Good you spoke to her and cleared it out. Anyway wait for your next scan and in that time relax dear. Stay calm and yes, God will do his part from now. All the very best.

Take care and loads of baby dust.