Genuine Orphanage / Oldage home?? - Need suggestions to make donation as a group

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by hemapriya91, Apr 26, 2013.

1. hemapriya91

hemapriya91 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies :)

My gang of friends and I, have received our first month salary after starting our work as a corporate. We came up with a plan to spend the money usefully rather that having treats in Five star restaurants.(Of course , its apart from offering a portion to God who helped us) . We decided to donate a part of the money to Orphanage and Oldage homes or arrange lunch for them ourselves.

Please help me with addresses of such GENUINE centres where the entire money we done is utilized for development of people staying there and not used for selfish/unfair means. I would be really happy if you guys help me out at the earliest.

Happy to be a part of Indus Ladies. :)

Hema

2. seeabitha

seeabitha Bronze IL'ite

sorry for late reply
    Been personally to Udhavum Ullangal Illam Adambakkam

and Vishranti in palavakkam (or kotivakkam)

3. quantSundar

quantSundar Junior IL'ite

I have a suggestion.

Kalanjiyam (Welcome to Kalanjiyam) . I was a regular contributor to this organization. Its not an orphanage or old age home. Its an NGO involved in rural upliftment. Their target area is villages around madurantakam . They are genuine people.

Vaazhai (http://www.vazhai.org). Not directly involved with this group. But I do know it is a bunch of genuine youngsters who work toward education of impoverished children. Volunteered , but could not find time to work with this group.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013