Gated Community or Independent House in Chennai - Which is better option to purchase?

Discussion in 'Housing' started by krisham6, Jan 28, 2013.

1. krisham6

krisham6 New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I have visited many forums on this issue. But we are really in a great confusion & force to take a wise decision in our life. I need your support. I have got a good option in a [FONT=Tahoma! important]gated community[/FONT]- only 20 villas with a club house in Karapakam just 400m from IT Highway in omr. I liked it very much. The Land area is 1800sqft. Construction is exactly into our taste. Costly but no choice. So it should be evaluated in such a way to support our needs.

Hence the confusion is should we really go into this or to purchase a land & [FONT=Tahoma! important]build a house[/FONT]. One more thing. We don’t have any one to look after the construction work as my parents are very old & I am the only daughter unfortunately in my family, no brothers or sisters. Same situation for my hubby too.

The main aim for me to look into the [FONT=Tahoma! important]city area[/FONT] is due to my family condition, in future if we are going to be in Chennai, I should not be [FONT=Tahoma! important]far away from[/FONT] the city & running from here & there for the routine lifestyle all [FONT=Tahoma! important]alone with[/FONT] two kids. Anyway we both will be working. Now a days theft is happening everywhere. Need a secured life.

Please could you pls suggest me which choice is better. For us this will be the one time investment for our personal use which should suit my kids lifestyle.

Help me out.
    Cheers,
    Amutha

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Gated Community or Independent House in Chennai - Which is better option to purch

you mean to say karapakkam is in the city????

gated community- villa is not a guarantee that there will be security..

3. krisham6

krisham6 New IL'ite

Re: Gated Community or Independent House in Chennai - Which is better option to purch

Yes Shanvy,
    It is behind Sathyam & TCS off in OMR. Next to Thoraipakkam area.
    IT Highway.

More over no UDS base sale, full land area base sale. We can built further if we need.
    In case if u have any informations, pls share.

Rgds,
    Amutha.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

amutha,

i was just asking to find if you really know that it is within city. because i believe it is suburbs and you are relying on the wikimapia or location ..but yes it is by far closer to the city than lot of of other areas on it highway.

and gated community independent house has full land area sale only and you can build further only if your fsi is not fully covered. yes future expansion is possible in a given land if it has not been utilised completely..

you are not sharing the project name, and want us to share info...not sure what you are asking for....

5. krisham6

krisham6 New IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

Sorry forgot to gv the builder details: Navins project @ Karapakkam.

6. Annasri

Annasri Silver IL'ite

Krish ,I don't know where is karapakkam,but Our preference was always a gated community villa house,we decided even though we don't like flat and a independent house ,if it was a flat have to buy inside the city even if its small if going for a gated community villa then outer the city like medavakkam ,etc...because of the budget problem ,so we started our search and finally ended with a gated community villa.but compared to flat the disadvantage of a villa in gated community is since its outskirts letting rent is very very difficult ,till we go and settle we cannot keep the house locked so if u c renting point then for u r investment then it will b waste,if u r not looking for any return then if its for u r own purpose then it's ok,people c if schools ,shops ,main thing schools r near by and then they decide .if u r going for independent house then ,think of security ,maintenance ,who will look after the house,rent very very less rent will come cause people prefer staying in a flat is better going for a independent house,unless if its a joint family.so if u like the area karapakkam and if the builder is a genuine builder and if its for u r future use then better go for gated community villa.main thing in gated community villas the maintenance charge now a days is tooooo high ,compared to independent house no maintenance charge. But everything should b attended by the owner .

7. krisham6

krisham6 New IL'ite

Thanks for ur detailed reply. It sounds the practical effect.