Garbarakshambikai temple number

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by vineethashobhan, Jun 5, 2007.

1. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lakshmi,

Thanks a lot for all the information.

May goddess Garbharakshambigai bless you & all ur dreams come true.

Sorry one more question: Those instructions will be in tamil?? I cannot read tamil. I am from Andhra.
    Any thread where they have translated this in english...?

Thanks & Regards

Saras.

2. lakari

lakari New IL'ite

Hi Sarasa,

Thank you.
    All the songs and slogams will be in tamil only, you just hear the 108 pottri songs .
    Hearing of the slogams is also good.
    No worries about this. You pray to the Garbharatchambigai God that once u gave birth to a baby you put your baby in the gold cradle in the temple. It will cost u around 500RS.

All the Best
    Thanks and Regards
    Lakshmi

3. deepat

deepat New IL'ite

Hi

Good to see this discussion in the forum . I have been to the temple recently and would like to share my experience with all .
    My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage after 8 weeks , this left me so depressed . I used to chat the Garbarakshambigai slogam for every month . I was so depressed since i have given up my fat paying job for the baby . But the miracle was that after the abortion i became pregant even b4 i could get my 1st month periods . even though i had some hardship , my pregnancy was successfull and my daughter is now 2 1/2 yrs old . I really think she is a gift of the godess . I continued chanting the slogam till i breast feed her . recently i went to the temple with my family and offered the prayers . not even 2 months gone now i am preganant with my 2nd baby .

The godess is full of grace . For everyone this temple is a wonderfull place to visit in life time .

Good luck
    Deepa

4. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Re: Garbharakshambigai temple

Hi Lakshmi & Deepa and all the Lovely Ladies out there...............

Thanks a lot for all the info.Bow
    I just got my ghee prasadam today. I will start taking it.
    Congrats Deepa for the second one.
    Many many thanks for sharing your wonderful experiences with us.
    It really matters a lot for all the aspiring mothers..........

Wishing you all...the very best.

Regards,

Saras

5. swarnalakshmin

swarnalakshmin Silver IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Thanking you all for the information given.

I am going to this temple by September first week. I ll update you all after I return back.

6. MadhuRao

MadhuRao Silver IL'ite

Hello!

I need some consultation, Can u make some time and advise.
    I can send u the horoscope if you can help!

Please do let me know....thanks....

7. swarnalakshmin

Hi,

Dont know whether this slokam is already published, but I just want to share this with all of you.

Garbarakshambigai sloka for Marriage and women to have child :
    Aum devendhiraani namosthubyam
    Dhevendhira piriya baamini

Vivaaha baakyam aarokyam
    puthra laabam sadhehime

Padhim dhehi sudham dhehi
    Soubaakyam dhehime subhe

Soumaangalyam subam Gnayanam
    Dhehime Garbarakshake

Kaathyaayini mahaamaaye
    Maha yoginya dhisvari

Nandhagoba seedham dhevam
    Padhim Megurudhe Namah

Garbarakshambigai sloka for safe pregnancy and delivery of baby

Hey sangara Shamarahara PramadhaadhiNaadhari Mannaadha shaamba sasisuda
    HarithiriSulin sambo sugaprasava kiruthbavame dhayaalo
    HeyMaadhaviVanesa Paalayamaam Namasthe

To Gain blessings of Garbarakshambigai for safe delivery of baby :
    Read the below sloka for 108 times everyday

Hamavath yuthare Paarchve shuradhaa naama yakshini
    Dhasyaa Shmarana Maathrena visalyaa Garbinibavedhu

8. swarnalakshmin

Another one...

Aum Garbarakshambigaayai cha vidhmahe
    Mangala dhevadhaayai cha dheemahee
    Dhanno devi prachodhayaath

If you say above sloka when ever you feel like everyday, surely goddess Garbarakshambigai will bless you with all you ask her whole heartedly

9. swarnalakshmin

This is the story of the Goddess:

Meaning of the name Garbarakshambiagi :
    The name of the goddess carried the beautiful meaning in itself...Garba means Pregnancy, Raksha means "To protect " and Ambigai is one of the names of Parvathi devi .so she is all about protecting a womens life blessing her with a kind hearted husband,a good child and a happy family

Location of Arulmigu Mullai vananathar temple :
    The Temple is situated on the banks of the river Vettar ( if you go my bus, you have to walk around 2 kilometers and can see this little river on the way..If you go in raining season from tanjavur to this temple, make sure your journey takes long because i found the roads here are too small and both sides has lots of rivers passing by......vettar is branch of the Sacred river Cauvery, in the Papanasam Taluk of Thanjavur District-20 Kilometers east of Thanjavur town and 20 Kilometers South west of Kumbakonam.

Travelling to Garbarakshambigai temple :
    Garbarakshambigai Mullai vana nadhar temple is situated in south india in the state of Tamilnadu, Tanjavur district. I took a train from coimbatore to tanjavur .then from railway station i went to tanjavur old bus stop and from there i got information that Town Bus Number 34, 16 and 44 will reach thirukarukavur.. From Kumbakonam bus stand number11 and 29 will go there.It takes over an hour to reach this temple...always remember goddess garbarakshambigai when you travel...

Garbarakshambigai Temple history : Sage Nithuvar and his wife Vedhika were living in this garden of mullai flowers when the following incident happened which lead Parvathi devi to take the avatar of Garbarakshambigai to give special protection to women during pregnancy.
    Thousands of years back, two Rishies ( saints ) Gowthama and Gargeya did penance in this garden of mullai flowers. The story is that, Sage Nithuvar was living here with his wife Vedhika. One day when Sage Nithuvar was away, sage Urdhvapada visited the mullai garden.. Vedhika was tired and sleeping deeply without showing hospitality to the sage..infact she was having pains due to pregnancy but Urdhvapada unaware of her difficulties got angry that she din't bother to wake up and felt she could be sleeping purposely , decided to curse her .The curse made her get diseased and it also hurted the child in her womb.Vedhika was in worst pain of her life and deeply hurted that her own child is being gradually destroyed and prayed for to Goddess Parvathi to help her ....Goddess parvathi took the avatar of Garbarakshambigai and appeared before Vedhika and protected her child in the womb by holding it in a "kalasam " - divine pot..The goddess has helped the child grow in the divine pot untill it grew as full fledged child. .. Scientifically people know about test tube baby, but it has happened before thousands of years in our holy country, india, where goddess herself has saved a womens pregnancy and blessed her.
    When Vedhika cried as she was not able to feed the baby with her milk, A sacred cow came infront of the temple and made a lake of sacred milk. The sacred "kulam" is found even now where i fed pori for fishes when i visited the temple. Vedhikai prayed to Goddess Garbarakshambigai to remain in the temple forever and bless all women with good soul mate, child birt and safe pregnancy.

How to pray in Garbarakshambigai temple:
    Usually women who come here to pray for pregnancy and child birth just offer flowers and do archana for goddess and ignore the lord shiva here.The women in pooja shop requests them to first show their offerings of flowers, lamps etc to lord mullai vana nadhar here and then enter the garbarakshambigai sannidhi. Theres no sakthi without shiva.please remember to light as many lamps as you wish in this temple....

10. saras123

saras123 IL Hall of Fame

Hi ,

Where do you get 108 Pottri of Garbharakshambigai ammal??

Pl help me...

Regards,

Saras