1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gangajal, Or One Day In The Life Of An Unknown Indian

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ojaantrik, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan Finest Post Winner

[/QUOTE]
    I enjoyed this narration though a tad lengthy. but that is past time for many who are on wrong side of seventy. I had similar exp for the getting the Aadhaar. instead of GANGAJAL I took recourse in the "sigh of relief" manthra chanted or uttered by my spouse whenever she feels effete or in low key.

ojaantrik likes this.
  2. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

I enjoyed this narration though a tad lengthy. but that is past time for many who are on wrong side of seventy. I had similar exp for the getting the Aadhaar. instead of GANGAJAL I took recourse in the "sigh of relief" manthra chanted or uttered by my spouse whenever she feels effete or in low key.[/QUOTE]

Dear Thyagarajan,

You are right. It is somewhat lengthy and age should not be cited as an excuse. I had written several versions of this post before I put it up, but I was dissatisfied with it, partly for its length and partly for other reasons. I worked on it more later on, reducing its length in particular. But I had to change a few other things as well. Normally, I put these edited versions up on my own website. It's there now, though I am still not happy with it.

Interestingly enough, Aadhaar didn't give me too much trouble. There was a queue of course, but the room was more spacious and lighted. Made the wait easier.

Your use of the expression "sigh of relief" reminds me of a shorter piece I had posted in IL during my early days. It was called A Sigh to Remember . Not that you have to read it.

Thank you for your comment.

oj