Ganesh chaturthi idols

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by Vidyaa, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Vidyaa

Vidyaa New IL'ite

Hi,
    Anyone can provide any idea where they sell ganesh idols made of mud in London ? (specially for ganesh chaturthi as they do back in India .... the plain ones or coloured)

Thanks

2. sravugarimella

sravugarimella New IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

I am planning to buy one too, but i am not sure if they sell mud idols here. But I am going to try in Eastham as they sell the idols of all gods in one of the shops. You can try there too. Not sure about other places..

3. Vidyaa

Vidyaa New IL'ite

Thanks Sravanthi...
    I had the same idea too.... But was not sure if it is available... Will try and let you know if i was successful...

:2thumbsup:
    Vidyaa

4. Mitra

Mitra Senior IL'ite

hi Vidhya,

May be in case if you don't get a ganesh idol you can always make it with kids playing dough.

Happy ganesh chaturdhi.......

Regards
    Mitra

5. kotagiri

kotagiri New IL'ite

HI evryone

HAPPY GANESH CHATHURTHI.I LIVE IN EAST HAM I GOT GANESH IDOL FROM THE SHOP "AKILAN",WHICH IS NEAR MAHA LAKSHMI TEMPLE.ONE CAN GET EVERY THING RELATED TO PUJA IN THAT STORE.

BYE
    KOTAGIRI

6. padmaprabha

padmaprabha Senior IL'ite

Hi every one,
    The thought ofGanesh Idols takes me back in time,there were no ready made idols to buy. In 1950 s we used to go to the potters and buy good clay, in a dry powdered form, and on the day of the festivel we,( that is every one in the family, father, mother and us children ), after having a holy bath in the river, we would all settle down to make the idol on a wooden blank. It used to be such fun making theGanesha and we would be singing Ganesha songs and bajans. When we had completed the idols., Father'.s Ganesha would take the central place and all the other Ganeshas would be kept all round it. Then we would all sit together and do pooja with the leaves and flowers collected from the garden. Then my mother would bring out all the special food cooked for Ganesha and it will be offered to God. All this will take nearly three to four hours and then we all sit together and have a great feast. .Such sweet memories
    Padma

2 people like this.
  7. apoorva123

apoorva123 New IL'ite

Hi,

While going through archives, I came across this thread. Though quite old, yet it's subject is timeless as Ganesh Idols are required every year. Hence thought of replying it.

I live in London & every year I do Shree Ganesh Sthapana at my home. I buy 100% clay idols from Ganapati In UK. They are based in Harrow (Middlesex). They usually have lot of beautiful options of idols.
    I hope this helps.

Apoorva