1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Galatta Marriage-comedy serial part 4

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Tamildownunder, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Marriage day begins with viradha poojai.

Vanaja: When can I have my breakfast?

On the other side Suresh also is asking the same question. They are told that till the muhurtham is over they can't eat. Right at that time, other people are praising the breakfast items like pongal, vadai etc. much to the chagrin of both Suresh and Vanaja. Vanaja gets some idea to solve this and she shows by sign language to Suresh 'Yaamirukka bayamen'(when I am there why do you worry?).

Sankaran: It is time for Kasi yathrai.

Vanaja: What do you mean by kasi yathrai?

Sankaran: Amma, it is a ritual in which Suresh will get dressed like a paradesi and will take few steps in the direction of kasi. Then, I will go and appease him telling him that I will give my daughter and this and that and will bring him back.

Vanaja: I also want to go to Kasi.

Gopalan (who comes there): What is this Sankaran, in no marriage bride will go for Kasi Yathrai.

Sankaran: Since we have brought up Vanaja like a boy she wants to go I think (he laughs).

Gopalan: Amma Vanaja, we are giving our son who is brought up like a daughter. He will cook for you nice dishes, will sing for your entertainment, will put rangoli etc. What else do you want?

Right at that time one of the ladies comes there and joins their conversation.

Lady: You were talking about rangoli. Morning I was putting big rangoli when Suresh came there and told what mamy you have made a mistake in that suzhi and snatched the kola maavu from me and corrected it. I felt ashamed. Amma Vanaja, you are lucky to get such a husband.

Kasi Ythrai gets over and it is time for the exchange of garlands. It has to be done with both bride and the groom carried on the shoulders of their respective uncles. Suresh's two uncles who are tall and well built simply lifts Suresh like a child and keep on their shoulders. Vanaja laughs looking at Suresh perched on top of the uncles like a hen. But, her only uncle is puny and is forced by others to carry Vanaja. He is not able to lift her. Vanaja takes steps of 10 yards come running and jumps on his shoulders. Poor uncle, he loses balance but some nearby people catch hold of him with Vanaja. For Suresh it is easy to put the garland as he is perched at a height. But, Vanaja has to take careful aim so that garland lands on Suresh. Everyone enjoy this game.

Shortly afterwards as the function is progressing Vanaja looks worried and keeps looking at the entrance.

Sankaran: What is bothering you Vanaja?

Vanaja: I had invited some close friends specially for muhurtham as they could not come for Maapillai azhaipu. But, they have not turned up so far.

There, Suresh also is worried that his special frinds have not turned up.

Both Sankaran and Gopalan are thinking what could be the reason.

To be continued.....

2. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

TDU Sir,

the story line is getting excited!!!!:2thumbsup:

3. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

TDU Sir,

yep, the story is really getting good. :2thumbsup:

4. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

TDU sir,
    I agree with them. The story is going great.

5. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

A suspense....
    What could it be....?

Shanti