Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Had fun trolling the IL troller didn't you? *Evil*

Gauri03 likes this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Gauri, kitney facepalm's the? (how many facepalms were there). Did you learn from K how to do facepalm while holding and talking on phone? : ) Or am I again out of touch with the millennials and they use handsfree phone all the time? : )

Very nice to read about the call.

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Gen Y thinks calls are for dinosaurs. With texting, whatsapping, snapchatting, who has the time for a languid conversation. Ms K must have thought I was a deaf old hag, what with my constant, "Umm what, what did you say? I couldn't hear you." She speaks very softly you see. :p Mumble mumble, giggle giggle from her end, while I blathered on about whatever Gen X'ers talk about. :D

Rihana likes this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Hmmmmm. Its a call from middle east Modji, maybe your Mr. #NotMyPresident has a jammer in place or even a wall already for phone talks too? :D
    This how. :yum:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Rihana likes this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nonya, Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  6. Gauri03

Lol! I agree. I too would prefer the 'Westworld' scenario over the 'Walking Dead' future. :laughing: Speaking of which, have you seen Westworld? I recently got through season one, and I must say it didn't live up to the hype. Maybe I expected a little too much after hearing it called the 'next Game of Thrones'. It was not bad by any means. I mean, even the worst HBO shows are miles ahead of network TV, but it just didn't seem to find its pace. The story plodded along predictably until the finale. Anthony Hopkins seemed wasted in a poorly fleshed out role. Let's see what season two brings.

7. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Once upon a time, upstate NY and connecticut were full of elites who believed in eugenics. And they believed Adolf in Germany was doing the right thing. Jews and dogs weren't allowed into the better clubs, and associations of the northeast USA. This was also the time when Groucho Marx had said "I don't want to belong to a <country> club that would have the likes of me for a member", when asked to comment about the exclusion of jews.

8. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

I have this thing Modji, I believe anything thats hyped very much will fail our (/my) expectations mostly, have seen it happen so often too. I chose to wait until the S1 finale episode annnd I wasn't wrong. Also haven't forgiven Nolan yet for killing #Root previously in POI. Damn. :imp:

9. Gauri03

Well Root didn't 'die' die. She became immortal.

10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

That she is, in her fan girls' hearts forevrrrr! :hearteyes: Lol. So what series next ?