1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Funny things kids say and do

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Dinny, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

my sis kid is 3 years old.... as usual my sis was preparing the list of groceries to buy while going to the store..she finish writing the list and got up to go and her kid was giving her a look and said,"wht about my list?" i need cookies,strwberry milk,cheese,pampers,write tht too pls..... LOL !!!

4 people like this.
  2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Ohhh yes that happens to me too.These days my son just scribbles on my stick notes in the kitchen :)

6 people like this.
  3. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

welcome to the growing children club gigglingsmiley. i call this stage independently dependent. your DS wants to be independent, but still is dependent on you by putting his demands with you, by adding them to your notes. lol :-D very cute

3 people like this.
  4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Me: sweety, where do you live?
    She: where?
    Me: Toronto
    She: Momma no. Home

7 people like this.
  5. pinkRoseBud

pinkRoseBud Gold IL'ite

All these posts are so cute..

My niece does this one thing which amuses me. She is not even 2. My sister puts some rhymes on youtube and give it to my niece. Once the song is over, she knows to put next song if my sis is not around and also she clicks on 'skip ad'!! She has seen my sis doing this and she does it by herself. Nobody taught her.

5 people like this.
  6. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

Same with my daughter. I tried to teach her ' we live in Summit' and she learned for the first day. Next day i asked - where do we live
    my DD - Summit
    Me - good girl
    DD - yes mamma I know everything like sannvi name is Saanvi, chota bhai (her cousins) name is Yash, Yashas ; home name is summit.

Another conversation - it's usual when we drive through any bridge.

Me - Babu , do you what is this.
    DD - yes it's bridge...mamma I am not saying it is Ms Bridgett (her pre school teacher name is Bridgett)..I know every thing...right mamma?

another incident - i heard from her teacher -
    In her class, teachers were teaching rhymes 'London Bridge is falling down' then after 30 min they asked my DD to sing alone and she sang very well. Then
    teacher - Nitya you did very well
    my DD - yes I know ..i sang 'london bridge' not 'london Ms Bridget'...
    and all staff member including Ms Bridget started laughing ..when i went school to pick her..Miss Bridget narrated me whole story and then i had to tell her about bridge (actually when we started teaching her bridge once i just said (just to help in pronounciation) like you call ms bridget...say bridge.

5 people like this.
  7. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

My 3 yr old and I were at the park the other day and she was climbing up a playscape. There was an older girl at the other end of the playscape who was blocking DD. DD tried "excuse me" a couple of times and it didn't work! She then says to the girl "If you don't move right now, I will go home" :rotfl

For those that follow Tamil films, I was reminded of that Vadivelu comedy in pokkiri where he gets beaten by some guys and he very menacingly says "Be careful" and then when the guys threaten to beat him again, he replies "naa enna sonnen" :biglaugh

7 people like this.
  8. samal

samal Silver IL'ite

Nice thread....Enjoyed reading ....

mine here

We hv observed my son beating other kids, while paying together. So on the first of his school, we said, he should behave like good boy, should not beat anyone in the school. Daily we used to say this to him. After few weeks. My hubby asked, are u a good boy in school? he replied, yes, I am not beating teacher, I am a good boy.

My son knows to write alphabets and numbers much before going to school. After few days in school.He said. my teacher is making mistakes often, she writes an alphabet on board and then erases it off....

9 people like this.
  9. samal

samal Silver IL'ite

DS was only 3 yrs. I have the habit of applying vicks or dragon on forehead before sleeping. Somewhat addicted to it. most of the time, I apply and keep vicks underneath pillow or in the side table or in some place. Next day night, i would forget where I kept and keep searching for it. Few months back, When I was searching for it, My Kid got me the dragon roller and said "I found this on the floor near the bed today morning. I know you'll search for it in night, so I kept it inside the drawer. Why you forget this evreyday "
    I simply said "mom is getting old, already manythings are in my brain and no space to remmenber this one". he replied " I have lot of space in my brain, I will remember for you". Was moved and lesson learnt. Even now, sometime if he finds dragon, he will call and give it to me.

3 people like this.
  10. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

my son doesn't talk much but just blabbers..! he is almost 3 now. my cousin's don who is 3 weeks elder to my son talk like 5 year old. when everyone was discussing that my ds doesn't talk much, in between my sis son interrupted saying ' emaindi, inka keerthan chinnodu kadaa, nammadiga nerchkuntaadu'. 'whats big deal, hez still small and will learn slowly'. I felt very much relieved with his response.

7 people like this.