1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

funny telemarketing

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by umasridharan, Aug 2, 2006.

1. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

We invested some money on our daughter Brindha's name on her 3rd birthday in ICICI bank.

Next day onwards started the telemarketing calls, <st1:time minute="55" hour="18">5 to 7</st1:time> calls a day asking for Brinda asking her to avail loans for housing or car or business or about investing in mutual funds or taking an insurance policy. Every time we explained them that Brindha is not an adult and she is just a 3 yr old kid.

One day a person was very adamant and he was very particular about talking and explaining his policies ONLY TO BRINDHA. So my husband got frustrated to the core and gave the telephone to Brindha and that telemarketing person had a wonderful talk with our sweet little daughter. Brindha was very happy because we normally don’t allow her to talk in the telephone unless it is to our circle of relatives.

She ended her talk like this: Dai yarra nee, unakku aaru venum, edukku fone panninei.and so on.

Next day onwards there was no telemarketing call for Miss Brindha.

But all of us had a hearty laugh.

This is how the whole world of telemarketing is.

Full of brains

And full of wisdom

P.S: oh God, only you can save this world from these (oversmart, extra intelligent?) telemarketing executives.
    :-D:-D:-D

2. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Frustrating Telemarketing calls

Hi Uma,
    Even I do get irritated with the telemarketing calls , some in the middle of afternoon or in the middle of some important chores. I get so wild with this group of people who takes up liberty into your personal space. I never answer my mobile phone if I see a new number.
    But after reading your post I was laughing my heart out. :rotfl How well u have written down the most irritating situation into a funny posting. Very cute comments by Brindha.
    Most enjoyable posting.

3. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Really Funny!!

Dear Sister,

I have come to hear this incident for the first time. How a big organization like ICICI can be like this? I really wonder at their responsibilities. Anyway it made me laugh :-D very much. Your husband did a good job of handingover the phone to Brinda. Good revenue for telephone department. Thanks for a lighter moment.

S. Vanaja

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

That was really funny

Dear Uma,

I just happened to read your thread. I congratulate Brinda for that boldness. I roared with laughter that my son started wondering what has happened to me and was just staring at me with awe. Good thinking by your husband too
    :clap :clap

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Uma,
    wow, you have trained your daughter to tackle the most menancing creature on the civilised world- the telemarketer.
    Jokes apart, it is really very irritating. I just hang on as soon as I hear who the call is from, with out apologising.

6. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

super child Brinda!

HI Uma,

Really I am also hate these calls. Almost they will not hear what we say. We will go mad after talking with them. Your husband did a nice job by giving the phone to brinda. She handled that phone call very smartly. So cute. :clap