1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Funny Little Habits In Our LIFE..........

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Meeta, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi frds,
    I read Sriniketan and AC's article about their DT and closet......I got to know an important lesson that never feel alone.........God is simply so kind to give you another companion...........
    But ladies, I have this very genuine problem. I have different chests with multi drawers/filing system for different purposes.........but after all these good organisation (coutsey: Dearest Hubby), I have to search every file/every drawer for a single thing..........it's funny but true while working my hubby will ask to bring some file, I will start searching from the upper shelf to the bottom one.......off course I never failed in getting the thing but don't get anything abt my habit...........
    And another funny thing, not only with me but many of my frds also have this habit :-D . I usually give recurrent alarm (in the morning to wake up in time) and if I have to wake up at 6:15am, I will give the first alarm at 5:00 am and then goes the second one.at 6:00 am and the final one at 6:15 am but I will keep myself inside the comforter till my hubby will warn me that it's going to be 6:30 am.........
    And let me stop here...........things can go on and on and on...............
    Can I expect any companion here...........
    Regards.

2. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meeta
    Its so true that there are so many funny little habits each of us have. Ofcourse the alarm will ring a "bell" in our minds as i have done it too. Isnt it interesting that the elaborate filing system and every file in place and you search....

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Meeta, thanks for giving AC and me the company in cleaning our dining table and organising the closets.
    My funny habit is:

When I go to bed, i see to it that everything is in its place, all work done, etc.This what everybody does, isn't it. What is funny about it?
    here comes my habit--before getting on to bed I see either God --not really, only in the picture or some scenary and lie in bed, with eyes closed. Whatever
    happens I will not open my eyes. Because, to me, if i open my eyes, after getting to bed, I will get up late in the morning.:confused: till date, didn't even know when I developed this habit.
    another one----lying on the right side helps me wake up as soon as some-one calls in the middle of my sleep,:bang and lying on the left side gives me --sound sleep.:-D
    As I am a sleep-lover you can imagine, which side i would lie down.
    But on the contrast, i lie down in the opposite direction to get up whenever my mil calls!:-(
    Is this funny or stupidity, i don't know--you decide and let me know.

sriniketan

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Good one.Yes most of hjave some or the other queer habits.Let me tell u mine.

I go for morning walks.I set the mobile alarm for 6.15 am.I dont get up for the first alarm and every 5 mins the alarm rings i ppress snooze, and so on till at 6.40, when the last alarm rings, i get up.My wife gets irritated,and says if u want to get up at 6/40 why do u ring for 6.15.

But i need tolaze around before i get up.

Another silly one.Before i sleep i must to to the toilet, and also wet my feet and sleep on the bed with my wet feet, be it winter, when it is cold here.

So u are not alone,u have good company among readers.Regards.kamal

5. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Yes dear Meeta,

Every one has their own weird habits to live with....Habits die hard...

For me my wake up call is 5.30 am be a late night sleep or usual sleep at 12 pm midnight...

Systems in our body varies ...we can't change it...

when going to stools, I must have the Hindu newspaper and by the time I retire from stools, the news paper articles are read and my wife used to say to my kids..your father is in his study room...:rotfl....what to do...:bang...it's :exactly:not the way, I know:notthatway:but what to do...
    :yes:Live with what our destiny dictates us...

subbu

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi meeta,

Nice that lot of people have funny habits.....

for me though looks funny for others...i cannot sleep if i dont have anything to read...and also a book under my pillow.. i get a lot of comments from everybody but still it is the way of life for me....:confused:.

7. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dear All,
    So, I now knew that I am not an alien from Mars, even people from earth can have their funny habits too........
    Anyways, enjoyed reading all......
    Hi Sanvy,
    You know my Mom has the same habit of going to bed with a book, she used to tell that she can't sleep without reading few lines from a book/magazine.......but for me its opposite......if I will have a book, I prefer to finish that before sleeping so I will have a sound sleep otherwise I always have dreams (somewhat terrible/horrible/of the way) about the end, if I left the book unfinished before sleeping..........

8. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Hai shanthi

Even i would like to read something b4 i sleep, so i will be having somebooks behind my head , its not necessary that it must be magazine or newspaper or unread one, whatever it may be , i must read some lines

And,, almost all the time i will be reading some novels, my hubbya dn my son shout at me for reading latenight and disturbing them with lights on(daily fight)

latamurali

9. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Meeta,

I agree with you that every one has funny little habits. Postponing alarm habit is there with me also.

I have another habit of going to sound sleep with TV on.

I will enter the bath room, bolt it and then will realise I have not brought Towel. In India my wife used to bring the towel, but here since I am alone I have to do it myself.

Another habit is to put on my ipod and going to sleep. Suddenly, some loud song will wake me up to switch it off.

In recent times I have picked up another habit i.e whenever I log on to comps. either in office or at home, invariably I click on IL address in the browser although my intention would have been to check my e-mails.

Regards,

TDU