1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Funny facts about your MIL :)

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by NaveenaSasi, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

She never wears undie? wtf why?

1 person likes this.
  2. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

:shock::shock::shock: yeah even I was thinking that, more than funny not wearing undies is disgusting!

3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

A million $ question... but a lot of women do it in India.
    She once mentioned that she found "IT" a useless concept... waste of money, time n energy :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl... had 1-2 for initial yrs to be used occasionally (dire necessity) and none post menopause.

I shall again attribute it to laziness... or maybe comparison that why a S size comes for X amnt and XXXXL size for 6X ;-)....

Anyways Don't we see 0 size celebs from METRO doing that :thumbsup!!!! She's not from a village ... rt...

Even my paternal grandma doesn't and similarly v v fond of eating and my poor mom trailing behind her with toilet paper to cover the poo n pee ..................... :hide:

3 people like this.
  4. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Hi Superwoman,

Just relax... 'you cannot tell anyone not to comment.' huh ?? Did I tell anyone not to comment ?? Can u pls tell me wher I mentioned dat in my post ?? I know this is a public forum.. What I meant is, if therz something that bothers u or hurts u wen reading, then for ur welfare, u can jus stop reading further.. Also pls notice that, jus becoz u gave a negative comment regarding the experince I had posted, I have removed it immediately after reading ur comment.. Its all becoz I don't want to make anybody feel uncomfortable.. I know how to take unfavourable comments. Otherwise I wont be posting any thread here.

~Naveena

2 people like this.
  5. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

I agree with you and I do see your point but I would like to think that everyone here has a context as well also I guess when you write things on an online forum a lot of things get lost in translation and often things can turn out differently than what one is trying to say :) And given that English for many of us is not a first language, what we want to say and what we end up writing comes to mean two totally different things :)

All Is Well!

2 people like this.
  6. Dipsy19

Dipsy19 Senior IL'ite

My MIL always tries to give lessons...splly on different recipes. Initially, when I didn't knew this.. whenever i wud try to compliment her on any dish, she wud start her lessons on how this dish was made. Starting from cutting the veggies to spices n also after how many minutes the spices are to be added....:bowdown :rant :spin

n I wud think....'God Plzz save mee' :hide: :drowning

7. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

I guess there are some that doesn't. One of my room-mate cum colleague didn't. Once her pe***d arrived early and she had to rush to the nearby store to buy them first. Took me along. Thats how I know.

1 person likes this.
  8. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Hey bless me ladies, I have undergone almost 90% of such funny things. God! I had been thinking I have irritating life, but seems now fun loaded.

My MIL hides age, calls 47 with a 32 yr old son and still says got married at 17. She wears all dazzling stuffs, its her wish. But all my elegant sarees are criticized to be outdated. I dont like big bordered silk sarees and I am being called unfashionable for this. DH cant take two sides here.
    She says her son, ie my DH is a fan of her cullinary skills, whereas till DH was 17 it has been FIL and my DH cooking!!!
    When we decided to get a photo to be hung on the wall (taken on wedding reception) me, DH, FIL, BIL went for a photo without garlands and me and DH sitting on sofa corners, with MIL and FIL on the sofa on stage. She claimed without garlands none would know I am the bride and may mistake her!

What a fun filled life for me hurray!

13 people like this.
  9. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl, :bonk :bowdown :rant:cheers :thumbsup

Better thank God for this :)

4 people like this.
  10. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

another one from my grandmom..
    this time our landline is not working and she asked to call from my mobile..i said there is no balance in mobile and true traslation comes like this 'no money in mobile'(indulu dabbulu aipoyaay ..dabbulu lev)..for that she took her pouch and gave 1 re and asked me to put in mobile..i stared at her and she started saying 1 re is for coin phones and 10 rs for mobile phones,i know and she was asking me to put 10 rs note in the mobile phone (e 10 rupayalu phone lo pettu..thiyyu)
    i bursted into laughter and said we have to get recharged..for that she is saying 'our charger is in the living room
    then i said we shouldnt put money in it..only mobile shop people can put money then she started thandav..strted scolding and telling everyone c i gave her 10 rs when she went back to 5 rs for ice cream and she doesnt even care to make a call and making all stories..

12 people like this.