1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Funny facts about your MIL :)

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by NaveenaSasi, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Shineystar

Shineystar Silver IL'ite

No one can never Compare with my co-sister because she is equal/ one bit more harassing than my MIL. Witsend .... Btw she doesn't live in UK;-)

1 person likes this.
  2. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

My MIL always compare's herself to yesteryear actress....

It seems people use to call her as "Savithri" in her younger days.. then sometimes it's "Saroji Devi" or "Vyjayanthimala" and she goes on exaggerating how they use to praise her beautiful eyes...

The actual fact is she had very tiny pair of eyes and wide mouth, please don't mistake me Ladies,, but this is the truth .. in her wedding black and white pictures one could hardly make out if she has opened or closed her eyes.. whereas all the actress she use to compare had really beautiful big eyes...

After hearing this for over 100 times I picked up courage to tell her that " that actress Savithri had very big eyes" for that she went red with anger and told only now her eyes have decreased due to age,
    Ho! I din't know even physical features will increase and decrease due to age....

9 people like this.
  3. attitudegirl

attitudegirl Platinum IL'ite

My MIL expects me to feed my 9 year old DD by hand.. every single time

4. attitudegirl

attitudegirl Platinum IL'ite

deleted...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  5. Yettobemom

Yettobemom Gold IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

6. charvi2811

charvi2811 Junior IL'ite

My IL's bedroom wall behind the head board has a framed photo .... I know nothing unusual in this , in this spot normally people adorn pictures of their deities or departed elders blessing them from above while they sleep instead my mil has adorned the wall with a photo of her "DOG" sitting royally on a bed, the dog which has passed away more than 16 years ago :crazy and the funnier part is a framed picture of her IL's ie my dh's grandparents photograph is lying in the attic eating dust with the old kabbad of the house.:confused2:

2 people like this.
  7. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Charvi - I can't see anything wrong with this. Whether its a dog or a person, a source of unconditional love and faithfulness can never be forgotten. Who said dogs have no souls? It's the dogs instinct to watch over its master - in body or spirit. You should have a dog to experience what angels and gods are like.

If your mil didn't forget the dog even after 16years, imagine what sort of love that dog must have given her. Even people are forgotten after 16yrs! Reg her ILs pic, its her wish! may be they were mean to her?? As long as she is not asking you to have her dogs pic in your bedroom, I think it's not a nice thing to make fun of others sentiments.

2 people like this.
  8. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

even I find it odd that dog photo is there in the home on display but not of grand parents....certainly there are sentiments for dog and nothing wrong in it...but at least grandparents photo should also be there ...even if they might be bad with her but still they are departed parents of her husband...and certainly human beings are more important than dogs....

2 people like this.
  9. luckyme

luckyme Silver IL'ite

I have very tech savvy in-laws...both my mil and fil are on facebook ....me and dh have them as our fb friends...

Once, my dh sent a link to my fil on fb....My fil was watching it (it was some sort of a funny video) when my mil passed by crossing the room....she too happened to look at it for a few seconds and found it funny...

She called my dh and asked him to send that link to her too....and my dh was like...Amma I've sent it to appa already... why don't u ask him to send that to u....

And mil very shyly told him...coz appa and I are not friends...I didn't accept his fb friend request...I don't want appa's friends to see my profile n pics etc...

It was so innocent and we both laughed so much when she told us that...btw both of them are 60 plus :)

11 people like this.
  10. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

???? Seriously?

Human beings are more important than dogs? Why like that?

It's everyones right to decide who is important for them. Human beings don't become important just because they have a human body. It's the heart that matters.

I feel sorry for your narrow thought process really! I really hope you get a chance to enjoy love from an animal so that you understand what unconditional pure love is.

1 person likes this.