1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Funny facts about your MIL :)

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by NaveenaSasi, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Shineystar

Shineystar Silver IL'ite

One more funny incident

My husband went to play sport here and while playing he fell down his hand got hurt and he told him mom after a week
    The Qs she asked him
    1.at what time of day did u fell down morning or afternoon or evening
    2.what is the time
    3.which hand you got hurt
    After all these Qs she asked about hand
    Is there a logic in these qs:confused2:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  2. nitasen3

nitasen3 Silver IL'ite

One funny fact about my MIL.....I have seen her bitching for hours together about her neighbour's family, some ABC's family. XYZ's extended family, etc etc, but whenever I asked about her own family she would quickly leave the conversation and run away.......I really miss these funny things about MIL now

3. Vaanii

Vaanii Silver IL'ite

Mine watches me cooking,never leaves my back,even if ask her to rest.The tactic is she watches all my recipies and immediately as soon as i leave to office calls her DD and tells here recipes.I caught her once doing that.

That DD got so much ego cannot ask me how i do .But this lady wants her DD to cook like me for her husband and get good name.

She goes dress like this and that in my husbands absence,she herself doesn't know how to dressup.

1 person likes this.
  4. EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove Silver IL'ite

My IL's exclaim like this about our nephew (SIL's son):

"He doesn't have any seriousness in him. He needs to realize that he needs to study well to get into good jobs like his parents... I don't know when he is ever going to learn that"

Nephew just turned 3 and has just started Pre-school. Afore-mentioned dialogue came up when SIL continued to rant (slyly hint that they were unavailable for help due to their vacation here with us) that nephew cries everyday to go to school and to day care thereafter and refuses to eat properly.

Sigh!!

4 people like this.
  5. shashiumesh28

shashiumesh28 Senior IL'ite

mother in law acts as if she loves her DIL infront of my friends..forcing me to have milk +horlicks and standing infront of me n forcing me to have...to show the world that she is adjusting with arrogant selfish daughter in law.

3 people like this.
  6. sweetestshweta

sweetestshweta Gold IL'ite

Here is one more from my MIL's thousand habits..
    She'll ask for 10-15k from me saying that she needs it for some expenditure. Then royally goes on shopping spree. And gift me a Rs 500 dress or something in front of my DH and everyone present showing how much she loves me!:bonk

When she goes out for shopping with me,I generally refrain from buying anything for myself because anyways she goes mad after shopping. I pay the bill everytime. She'll act so sweet and pressurise me in front of all to buy stuff fir myself that people think what a sweet MIL she is.. Only I know- its not a gift. Ultimately I only have to pay:hide:

And the best part is- she'll demand back some piece of jewellery I got from DH's side in wedding say which is 30 grams in weight. Its so cheap on her part..Anyways, once taking it back,after a few days she'll gift me something like a ring(which weighs around 5 grams) and gift it to me so magnanimously in front of all that everyone is gaga about her and DH is like- how sweet my mom is:drowning

Weird and totally cheap:bowdown:bowdown

6 people like this.
  7. beanstalk

beanstalk Gold IL'ite

My Mil had given me a schedule for when to study, where to study, when to have a job and when to have a baby. You get 2 years to finish up studies, 6 months for job and then you should have a baby.
    Ummm... ma, it does not work like that. We did all the things our way but it was hilarious to hear her updated schedules with time.

3 people like this.
  8. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

My dear MIL has been waiting for all these years that I will take care of home as per her expectations and listen to her for everything (And she says that I am not improving! Want to tell her I have become mean from being a fool, can't she see the improvement!)! :rotfl

She will be upset, nag and do drama for this but I just don't buzz! :coffee

Really want someone to tell her that her MEAN DIL won't listen to her ever and will never manage the home as per her (MIL's) ways! :rotfl

7 people like this.
  9. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Silver tulip,

Love the signature Quote.
    Would love to have that distance :bonk

1 person likes this.
  10. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Oh darn! I suspect you are my co- sister...

2 people like this.